Friday, February 16, 2018

Dixie Belle in the house

My morning started helping our RMPC treasurer get the books for last year done, she needed all the statements and such resent. Looking for a new treasurer.. anyone?? ;) I was then off to town to pick up my first Dixie Belle brand ambassador parcel that was delivered to Amanda's along with a dresser she had found for me. The lady helped me load the beast up and sadly the weight was true to the solid MDF construction. And yes MDF can be repainted but not when chipped and broken so this once pretty number will just be used for salvaged parts.


had I looked closer I would have saw bottom right corner busted in layers.. sign of MDF
but the pretty scroll work and paint make it look so pretty

I grabbed Vietnamese lunch to go on my way home. It was then time to get productive. I mixed up some fresco in paint and started on the bread box.


The custom paint piece was delivered at 1. The weather was great for drop offs being -2.



The bread box received a coat of light grey then scrubbed the custom dresser well with my new cleaner from this am's package. It worked well!


The sanded ruler was stained white with new stain/oil finish I had yet to try and now that the dresser was dry it got a light power sand, wiped and a new product painted on. The current base finish has a red tone so this stain blocker will be perfect.


The last project of the day was to sand the bread box before coming in at 8 for a hot bowl of soup. Marketing, Netflix & a soak in the tub before catching up on How To Get Away with Murder on the PVR rounded out my Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment