Thursday, March 2, 2017

projects & posts galore

Sheldon was off for a later meeting start today. He then flies back up north after lunch to finish his week there. He brought me a hot coffee on his way out the door before 8, thanks. This gave me a start to get working on projects. I redid the top of the silver nightstand and now it looks better, now to dry and poly. But I did haul in to stage before the poly coat as it needs a few days to dry.






new staging area ;)


The little tray got its bottom side painted


The wine case was dark waxed in a few shades then staged


ALL the ponies decided to have a nap in the fresh hay

I posted the ultra chippy table to get votes as to leave or repaint.. at first all said repaint but then leave it started to come thru. I had already decided that since it went this way I should embrace it and work with it. If I have to sand and repaint anyway I might as well try to sell it in the chippy state first, who knows right? So I clear waxed it to start then added dark and black wax details.






the pink tray was done up in a custom made rose gold metallic paint then stenciled and edged in the champagne color




to go with the tray I thought a matching frame would be nice so put a coat on this cute plastic frame


It was another nice plus 5 day out so sanding outside worked perfect. I took down the top and drawer front to eliminate the carvings on that pine nightstand as well as the tops of the little pine end tables were sanded off too



Time now to get blog posts written up and some of the items posted for sale. The brushed steel nightstand post went live as did the white desk. Kijiji ads for nightstand and the table Kaylin messaged that she has a stomach ulcer, poor kid.

Before I took my shower and crawled in to bed to finish the Red Tent, I put another coat of rose gold on the frame. Another successful day at the ranch.

2 comments:

  1. my vote - paint the chipped desk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course it is Mom, check a few days later what happens to it ;)

      Delete