Monday, August 22, 2016

PTO day goes bust

Sheldon took a PTO day today (personal time off) to get the baling finished. After a coffee injection he was off to town to get twine while I headed out to feed Switch her meds and put her and Bird in the round pen to munch. Then off to work putting the antique tough coat on the base and sand distress the cream chair. Sheldon checked when he came back and still no go to roll so he put the pulls on the dresser for me, thanks. He took a bale to the approach to put sale sign on it.



I hauled the drawers in and got staging done then time to finish the contest blog post and put on all the appropriate pages.. whew










this is my concern for this new glass ball, found it on way out feed Switch ;(

Britt was hired to harrow the field and got going at 11:30. She finished up at 1, helping me sort horses into the bale paddock as the thunder boomed.


 here is the pre storm view to west and below east


Sheldon had cooked pizza, ate it and watched the news and headed out to roll at 12:30, he was back just after 1 as the clouds let go the rain ;( and soon it was even hail. He did get 9 done ;/ I had to scurry and move my projects and pull the car back in. The bale/sign combo had a fellow pull up to the house mid rain to inquire on price but seemed like a butt to me and after his low ball headed out. The rain lasted only about 45 mins but wind remained.


Shaina popped out after 2 having been delayed in her work shift till 5. She and Britt went out to ride but soon turned around due to the wind. Shaina headed down to watch more Game of Thrones while Britt made a flapper pie. Sheldon's PTO day is not being well used but he did head out to clean the tractor out as I put the black glaze on table base, clear coat on the top and clear wax on the chair after distressing it.



below is my sample board with the antiquing coat only on right and it and the black glaze on left


Britt ran to town for a spray tan and grab some groceries. The rain started up again around 5 as Shaina headed off to the last men's night. Sheldon came in saying 2/10ths came down earlier. I made supper for the 3 of us, now Britt was back and it was then a chill night as the rain came down off and on bringing another 1/10 in the gauge by 6:30.  Sheldon did run to the gate to bring the bale back as more calls came in but seems he has sealed a deal for them all with last years custom baler.



I went to the garage and dark waxed the cream chair and put another coat of clear on the table top before I was going to hit the shower. No wait, Switch needs her meds, so rubber boots and a rain jacket and I pushed the gale force winds to the west pasture, captured my beast and returned to the barn. She ate with caution as the storm rained down on the tin roof. I text Britt to maybe get Bird and we will put back in there pen so they have shelter.. she came out.. in flip flops!! Oh my, needless to say she was soaked by the time she got back. Now it was really time for a hot shower! The high winds picked up even more and roared thru the night

No comments:

Post a Comment