Sunday, August 21, 2016

90 more bales

Coffee and baileys.. served in bed.. with tablet time, this is the w/e tradition that we both love. Today we had to roust young Shaina to grab a cup on her way out the door for 9 am, of course she was tardy! There was a harvest drying wind blowing.. ok for today.

When we got motivated I headed out to feed Switch her meds, then I put her, Bird, Hawk and Pepper in the round pen to do some mowing. Sheldon came out and headed out to try a bale.. no luck, too tough.. someone may have suggested that ;) so he mowed the lawn while waiting for it to dry.



I added a clear wax to the frame then cleaned the glass and brought the dry mirror in for staging and posted for sale


I watered the garden and put sprinkler on new grass before I headed to the garage to work on the table, today I tested on my sample board a new product I received and it looked great so the table top.. after more painting & sanding got a coat of the cool antiquing top coat put on.
 table top from yesterday after last nights final work
 test board showing the tough coat on left, yep that works

 so on it went
 but not a fan of the wipe off on overlap so more sanding!

Britt got home around lunch and offered to make grilled cheese but the frozen bread had her stumped. I came in to cook my own and that of the princes who finished up mowing now. Britt hit her bed, Sheldon headed out to try another bale and I went back to the garage.


this time to add more colors to the base finishing with the darkest and found the perfect tool.. my fingers!! good thing it is no VOC and water/soap clean up. The press back chair was the next on the do to list while the table now dried


Sheldon did not have the best luck baling so took a break at 3 to run to town.. to basically get out of the 29 degree heat and my garage which was yes the same temperature! He claimed he was going to pick up my screws needed for the tall dresser hardware, ah thanks? ;)


My next step on the table was to add black glaze, I think it adds allot but only did the top as base need to dry 12-24 hours before the tough coat.


Sheldon got back to baling around 4:30 but required a snack pack so Lola and I lept the rows of flipped oats to deliver a goody bag of treats.


Britt was flogged a few times but eventually tidied her room and started laundry. Eventually she did head out ride once supper was delayed for the baler. She was still riding in the evening glow when Sheldon ran out of twine and came in at 8:30, baling 90 in total today! and only half way done what was left. Britt did kindly run out and give Switch her meds, I found the secret works for her too to get to eat the stinky sulfur drugs.. molasses. Only 9 more doses to go.  I cooked up a very late supper while the Olympics closing ceremonies was on the TV. I washed brushes up and started distressing hte cream chair while waiting for Lola to run her perimeter check then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment