Sunday, January 25, 2015

dresser project underway

So the temperatures stayed around plus 5 thru the night making for even LESS snow upon waking. It does seem to be soaking in well which is a good thing right? After a coffee and few games it was time to get the day going. The morning was spent sanding and removing hardware on an amazing old dresser. The curved dovetailed drawers with solid wood construction is not found much anymore. This piece is amazing and I think it might be a keeper once done, will see.
 
 look at the construction
 and wavy wood, swoon
Britt surfaced around noon and cooked up bacon and her famous omelets for us for lunch.
Back in the garage after lunch I moved to scrubbing and rinsing the beast of a dresser. Then strip and resand the top follow with a good wipe of mineral spirits then let dry.

I gave away the blue planter chair as a gift for one of my great customers, she stopped out to pick up as soon as I offered it to her.
I also got a chance to haul in and snap a picture of all my treasures from the picker and the TIOLI, yay!
 cool things right?
 glass knobs for my bathroom towel rack, more pretty insulators and a cute jewel box
 old door knob, divided drawer and crates!
Take it or leave it goodies, the old post Xmas sign lights work too, bonus!

Britt was forced out in the 13 degree sunshine to ride her horse & walk the dogs. The sunshine did not alter her mood nor did the animals so the grumpy B continued to do a list of chores in a foul mood. ;/ Crazy but I had the windows open today for some fresh air.. January 25!!
I whipped up goulash for supper for the two of us then was back out to stain the dresser top the dark java gel color. I love stained wood tops! Update the blog and stock list along with some accounting followed by a nice hot shower then to finish off Dexter!!
Britt retreated to the TV room after eating and forced to finish chores claiming this was her day off, sorry sweets!








No comments:

Post a Comment