Monday, January 5, 2015

back to school

Monday Jan 5th, back to school for the Britt. I was up at about 6:45 with Lola and washing the garage floor. I cuddled in bed till 7:30 before waking Britt for the big back to school 2015. Sheldon made his last batch of coffee in bed for his 3 week vacation stint but it was maybe the best of all the days, I think because he upped my creamer proportions :-)

Today I tackled the spare room. This room is my gift storage & wrapping which has been well used lately. It also is the toy closet which needed some sorting. Everything was cleaned, vacuumed & moved around. Those who know me well know I love to rearrange furniture and this made my day.




I also got on the hanging wagon and hung 5 pictures in that room. Once finished I hung 2 mirrors and 2 art pieces as well in main living. Britt and Grady were home for double spare and lunch so pizza was the fare.
Sheldon assisted in the heavy furniture moving which carried on into the main living area. All furniture was moved again and re arranged after vacuuming. The fireplace was cleaned out and a few dogs patches rug cleaned by my reluctant helper but in the end it looked awesome and totally made my day!!

Now if only I can move my room but the darn wall mounted TV hinders this process.
I made supper while Sheldon ran the ponies out a bale. This weather always makes me glad I am not a horse, holy cow! Creamed chicken was the last meal home request. Unfortunately for Shaina who was joining us, she is chickened out and is not a dark meat fan. Oh well, home cooked meal is always best right Shain?

The gold junior game was underway against Russia, Shaina watched the series finale of SOA in our room before she packed up and headed home. In the end, Canada was victorious but not without a close call going from 5-1 to final of 5-4! Well done boys! It was more interesting for me to watch knowing Wes & Cindy's boy was part of the team, congrats Dillon on a forever memory made.

2 comments:

  1. Like the changes to the bedroom. Wonder if your Dad will be even more confused as to where to return ;-)

    ReplyDelete