Wednesday, January 7, 2015

chinook rolls in

So today they say a chinook may roll in, fingers crossed. I got Britt out the door and was painting Shaina's chair the first coat at 8:30. Marketing was next order of business before I quickly shoveled the snow as per a phone in "request" from the Prince. He says it is so pending chinook does not make ice on them but I think it was just to boss me around. I am fairly good about running the ranch while he is gone.


There was a good snow cover for sure but being -12 when I was off to town at 10 I am not sure the chinook will hit. Order new reading glasses , insert big sigh ;( and first acupuncture treatment on the year were my town plans along with picking up parcels (new micro fiber sheets for me and the girls!!), dropping off others and grabbing groceries rounded out the town chores of the day. I did grab a Tims lunch special too before heading home.

look at the prices of gas and diesel.. unfortunately I had no room to fill up today, maybe it will go lower and below a view of the drifting road.. if only I had a yard boy to plow it nicely!

Now to layout the painted frames, clean all glass and add photos. The big moment came once I started to transfer my laid out plan to the huge wall. Lets just say that the planned layout and final wall are not the same! And I only had to move one frame.. ok and a few extra nail holes adjusting a few others positions :)
 bare wall ready for action
 the planned layout
 mid nailing
and then.. FINISHED!

The offset pattern allows for more to be added, I do want a 4X6 to put for sure near center bottom but the rest can come as I find more frames and print more photos. I am so happy to have it done. It seems once the holes got started in 2015, I am on a roll!

I also want to change out one of the art pieces I did put up ;( and replace with a chalkboard. So from my stash I chose 4.. narrowed to 2 .. then a close up of frame detail, which do you like best?
By 8 the temp was up to -2, the chinook did hit the city but just nice here for the outside animals for sure. The downside is the wind that blew in with it! Britt took in the Xmas bottles after school then was off to a lotion seminar for work. She was so funny last night coming home with free weights, determined to get her muscle mass back she lost during her tonsillectomy break. She said she even gained 3 pounds back, go B!

There was a name released for the homicide in town, scary it was a disgruntled X boyfriend! After cleaning up I put another coat on the antique chair. The upholstery part is done so now it needs to dry then assemble and all is good to go. I painted up a 4X6 for the missing spot I want to fill and then kicked back to enjoy The Book Of Negros, a CBC series starting tonight. This was a book I really enjoyed so think it should be good. Reminds me of when I was really little and Roots was the big TV series. I would sit in my bedroom with the door cracked just enough to watch it via the reflection in my mirror as it was on long after my bed time!

It seems the wind blew the drift in at the gate, I watched Britt pull in then the cell rang, yep she was stuck. After a couple calls, I headed down to try and push her out. Darren joined and it was not long before we had her thru and we all headed back home. -2 was not a bad night to get stuck but this will pose a problem for the rest of the week till Prince gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment