Tuesday, February 19, 2013

664 - "I am.." finished the farm table!!

Day 664, still brrr and foggy but at least the crazy wind that blew last night had ended. Today I only worked until just after 12 then met Craig at the ranch. He dropped Asher off on his way to work and me and the little man spent the afternoon together.
I am.. tired while driving home

He cracked me up with his little fingers maneuvering my ipad around finding netflix wanting a movie. Sadly my netflix was a preload and no movies but he was sure he recognized the app. Today we added a new toy to the shelf, Kaylin's remote control car. He tried a few times but found it d\frustrating and easier to push around but will catch on after a bit I am sure.

I am.. reading to little man for his nap

While he napped I brought in the legs for the table. As I was picking them up they started to wobble so I scrambled to keep them upright, feeling satisfied I picked them up only to have the drawer go smashing to the ground. On the way it the quad tire leaving a big black mark, UGH. I grabbed a wet rag and tried to remove, it was stubborn but eventually it did but with the mark came the finish and white paint! Did I ever mention my boss Martin is a huge shleprock? seems with him leaving his luck has taken up with me :-(

Britt and Sheldon enjoyed visiting and playing with Asher when they got home. His vocabulary is getting so much better.

Sheldon and I hauled in the table top and put it together.. success!! Everyone is liking it so that is a good thing. Britt is even asking when the vanity will be finished. I am waiting for further instructions from the paint creator but with my limited patience I may go ahead and work on it.




Amanda picked Asher up at 6 as I was putting supper together. After supper I could not stand it and had to go our and give the vanity a 3rd coat, this time I wet my brush in between paint to smooth it out, will see if that works, on the bleed thru areas I put on straight paint. I also elevated the vanity for ease on my back but mainly to keep Diego away from the legs :-)
Sadly there was no stool but the fellow gave us this old stool they used, The same day Britt broke the legs off our cream one, any ideas what to do or should I even bother?
 this is what I had in mind but where to find the fur??
Sheldon worked on dreaded taxes for a bit then watched yet another hockey game while on his tablet playing his addicted game.

In the end I am quite happy with my before and after project #1

No comments:

Post a Comment