Friday, August 16, 2024

Horse hugs abound and rain

It was indeed quite a night. I had laid a blanket on the spare bed for Clover to sleep alongside Aislyn, but shortly after I retired, she joined us instead. Jenkins began to fuss at 2:30, coinciding with the onset of rain. Thinking he wanted in the garage, I placed him there, but his complaints persisted. I ventured out to feed him, yet that wasn't the issue, as he continued his fussing after eating—he clearly dislikes being there alone. Ultimately, I let him out onto the front deck to enjoy the sound of the rain. It poured steadily for around an hour and a half. Both S and I lay awake, listening; he checked his new gauge in the night, which registered 0.19 inches of rainfall.


Eventually, we managed to fall asleep, only to be woken at 6:40 by Cooper jumping into bed with us. Thankfully, Harley remained in her kennel—we really are those crazy dog people. And then there was the dive-bombing fly to contend with! The night brought several bouts of rain, totaling 0.3 inches. When the coffee started brewing, the kids were still asleep, or at least they were quietly watching their devices, right, Archer? :)





Don't worry, I got him!

Breakfast was cereal & porridge, with J receiving his pill and food with assistance from the girls, followed by a continuation of Harry Potter 2. I spent some time working on blog posts while S browsed the internet. I shopped at Aislyn's store during video uploads. Lunch featured Ichiban, which unexpectedly was spicy chicken flavor! Surprising Auntie Nan, but after draining and rinsing, Ada finished all the bowls. Archie chose a hot dog, Aislyn had Kraft Dinner, and everyone enjoyed veggie straws and a muffin. J also took his pain medication, again with the girls' help.



S went to Matt's to install the windows and doors. Archie was occupied with his iPad, watching SpongeBob, while the girls were engaged in various tasks. I wrote a tutorial for the spray painted condo fixtures with Aislyn playing me musical tunes and Clover sleeping at my feet.

Rain was off and on all day. During a break, the kids and I went out to walk all three dogs and let the kids stretch their legs. Naturally, they had to feed the horses on the way back while I dealt with cabbage worms. The rain drove Archie and me inside, but the girls remained outside for a while, searching for cats.

Meanwhile back in Ottawa the only photo I have of Renn and her parents on vacation XOXO and was yesterday I believe. as were these 2



They also had a campfire

Once back inside I wrote a Hometalk post for the stencil crate of recent. The kids enjoyed snack time followed by some time on their devices. Sheldon returned from "work" after 5 pm. For supper, we had pizza accompanied by salad and vegetables. Afterwards, the littles went out again to feed and hug the horses, while I tended to the garden, harvesting my third zucchini of the season. It appears that the locations this year are not ideal.


this is Britt's hair in the envelope, seems the twins hair even matches


It was s pyjama day all day


We, including Sheldon, watched Avatar in the TV room. It was a lengthy movie, ending at 9:30, followed by bedtime snacks, teeth brushing, and then off to bed by 10. J got his pill, S and I capped the night with another episode of American Playboy with a HagenDas ice cream treat before turning off the lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment