Thursday, August 8, 2024

Another Renn Thursday

I woke up early several times, eager for my day of Nana duties. The fog was thick today. After rising, I brewed a pot of coffee and took the opportunity to squeegee the wet bedroom windows, which was ideal for cleaning them. I had a coffee as I posted the big storm day, quickly finished some marketing tasks and prepared to head into the city. S woke up as I was leaving. He decided not to come along as he has a hockey game today.

Taking the Glenmore route, I arrived in 50 minutes, thanks to the light city traffic. Upon my arrival, Nathan was busy changing Renn's pants, while Kaylin was getting ready to get to work. Once they were off, Renn and I made our way to the park.




During our walk home, she fell asleep, but once we were inside, she woke up to play before her noon nap. She's transitioning to one nap a day now. She settled down for her nap effortlessly and slept for an hour and a half. Lunchtime is always a lively affair with her, and the dogs stay close by, knowing they'll receive plenty of dropped treats.






this little smartie pants even knows how to press the massage button on too.

In the late afternoon, we returned to the park because it's nearby and she enjoys exploring. Nathan wrapped up his work around 5:15 and was ready to cook dinner, so I headed home.


I got back to the ranch just before 6:30, slowed down by the rush hour traffic. Feeling famished, I quickly devoured a leftover burger and some veggies. S was in the shop, while Dave was busy trimming hooves. I attempted to take a charming photo of Dave with Basil, who was haltered and observing, and Harley standing by, but I missed the moment. After a short visit, Sheldon emerged with the mower to tackle the tall weeds in front of the shelter. Dave inquired if we had a new black and white cat. It turns out Tony had returned; Brittany, his owner, had sent me a picture of him earlier in a new harness, but he escaped within 20 minutes and she guessed he might head my way. Indeed, he did. I caught him and secured him in a kennel until she could come and pick him up which wasn't long after.







Me trying to catch Lindy for Dave to trim with Harley's help of course



Brittany was out late today just before 9 to feed today while Dave and I moved the mares into the east paddock, where the grass and alfalfa tower over the foals. We installed a water tub, so they're set for food for some time. S came in after finishing the mowing to catch some of the Olympics. I had a lady stop and buy the purple stencilled chair. I finished in the gardens, then in to watch a few episodes of Macleod's.



wow our grass is tall in there 


S took this pic and B this one below




No comments:

Post a Comment