Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Another vet visit

It was an early wake up for me today with H sounding the doorbell then I heard Cooper bark. I remembered Britt was coming out before work to check Roo. Dave drove in a few minutes later with Tims for them.It is -5 out, brrr. I saw all the horses were in the yard and they were wrangling them and got Roo in to check finally. B put Cooper in the house and was off to work after 7 with Dave behind her. I managed to fall back asleep till 9, yeah!

I sent H out to go around for her breakfast for the last time as after our coffees we headed out to get the stairs back in place. But first I loaded up boxes I had on hand and ran to the gate for a gal. While the car was out, S swept the floor area then we got the stairs in place. He nailed/screwed them in while I swept the area and moved stuff back in place. H sounded the doorbell again when her food was delivered. Crap more boxes after I just got rid of the stack but will remember in my sleep tonight that B is moving and could have used them all!



I painted the shoe rack the same dark grey as the stairs as S tidied jackets and the washer/dryer area. It is really looking good. There was a break in painting the shoe rack to get the vanity loaded up for the owner. She had her 2 littles again today so it took a bit longer and they all like to visit. The horses were laying in the sun as we loaded. S was making lunch as we did this. I went back out and finished the paint coat and closed the yard gate I had opened. It will be opened yet again as the vet is coming to see Roo later today. Inside I caught the last of the noon news and made a bacon tomato sandwich.


Back in the garage I clear coated the black tabletops, repainted the chair seat and used the clear coat from the table to seal the shoe rack. S scrubbed up a flames floor mat to set on the dryer he cleaned off and set B's potions all neatly on it. He then hit big brown to peruse the online auction, yikes :)


all tidied and pretty


Inside I started the self-cleaning oven as it is 9 above so can open the windows if gets stinky. While I was at stinky duties I put bleach in the kitchen sink drains as smelly. Then I headed out to catch Roo and put in round pen to await vet Ashley's arrival. While we waited, I also fed the other 2 calling S to watch them and let out once Ashley arrived. The vet visit took about an hour with a physical and movement assessment and xrays. It seems she does have some road founder but mostly is lacking hoof wall for support so tender so suggests casts which B was planning on anyway. She also wanted her confined and in a grazing muzzle to lose some weight poor girl. Vet Ashley was off at 4:30, I put the muzzle on and her in the round pen until B gets here after work.



Harley always has to be part of vet visits but can be too in their pockets so while I held Roo for xrays she stayed seated between my legs :)


S moved the patio chairs to the mez while we did this then he took dogs for a walk while I added the super clear coat to the shoe rack. Inside I caught up the blog in the "stinky" house. I noticed Roo was worked up in the round pen now the horses were at far east fence line so I went to let her out. I took her with the muzzle and as I went to take off and direct her thru the gate she turned and ran thru the yard and out the road gate blowing a boot on her run. I went and got it and shut the gate left open after vet Ashley left and walked to the far east fence only to find the other one not on. It was getting chilly so I walked back to the house got a coat and took the quad out to look for the other boot. I found it and back out to the herd where roo was being a brat not wanting to get caught. Eventually she stood, I put the boots both on and returned to the house.


S had shrimp, zucchini/spinach and gyoza planned for supper but after getting everything in pans on the stove he found it would not work while the oven was self-cleaning. Luckily the BBQ has a burner which he put the veggies on and added the shrimp and gyoza on a cookie sheet in the BBQ. This pan turned out a bit dry but at least all was hot, thanks for cooking S.

I worked on computer stuff while he watched sports. Britt and Dave arrived before 8 and got busy putting casts on both Roo and Bird's front feet. These casts are like glue on shoes to help the feet have support. I ran items out they needed, put cats away for the night and watched while Dave applied the casts to Roo.






cold Cooper borrows his Dads coat to warm up


I headed back to the house at 9 along with cold Cooper who promptly jumped on our bed where S was watching a Halloween movie. We then watched The Watcher for the rest of the evening with B, D and Cooper headed home at 10:15 after locking horses in the winter pasture.






No comments:

Post a Comment