Saturday, August 27, 2022

Dresser stripping

Awake at 7 I played some cookie jam and perused Insta before heading out to give Switch her meds and feed H. With coffee on I checked in on marketing quick then got working on the tray adding transfers. S was served a coffee in bed, he was out for some cereal and after a bit he went out on the deck with watermelon before back to his laptop and Netflix.



flowers or butterflies too?


Switch was given bute before I made raisin toast for breakfast delivering the prince one too. I packaged up the tile ready to mail. S had his afternoon nap as I headed out to work on the dresser; final sanding then the top and drawer fronts were covered in stripper. 


While this sat and activated I went out to sprinkle fertilizer in planters and tomato pot. I saw a couple big zucchini; where the hell did they come from!!! I picked smaller ones too and dug potatoes just as rain started to sprinkle then sock right in at 2.



mystery side bruise really purpling up

Back to the garage to clean off the dresser pieces and scrub them up. When I came back in at 3 I saw my front planters blew over and around the yard dumping all fertilizer. I went out and brought them to the house and watered them more in hopes of weighing them down. Time to grate zucchini making a few packs to freeze them whip up a batch of chocolate loafs. The rainy weather was perfect for baking. S spent the day in bed watching Netflix and sports. While they cooked I worked on tutorials getting a few ready for my September quota.


The rain let up after 5 and I had to check the amount. 6/10ths but it was still spitting so left it to collect as I filled cats dry food and water bottle. Back to tutorials cooking the fresh potatoes for supper to go with the left over roast adding an Asian salad and fresh snap peas. B popped out before 7 to feed and give meds including Roo bute who was coughing again then off for home in short order. S chose to cook a pizza to go with his salad and fresh veggies then back to bed. After washing up dishes and cleaning up I went out garage to try and decide on  the dresser design. I have so many transfers, stencils, decoupage paper yet not many strike my fancy. I narrowed it down and will ponder the chosen ones further.

S was sleeping early but has a mixed up sleep schedule with afternoon naps and such then not sleeping solid at night. I soaked in the tub seeing the weather was very windy and inclement outside. I then finished season 1 of Making the Cut and started season 2 not shutting off till almost 2 am ... maybe my sleep schedule could be better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment