Thursday, August 18, 2022

Another vet appointment

Yep another usual start to the day.. but today was hurried as S had a friend coming by for a visit at 9. I went out and lunged Switch who is still coughing and has a runny nose. I let all the horses out, fed the dogs and cats and back in to work on the blog and tutorials while they visited. After S went for a ride in Colin's SS and he headed home we went outside. S found some wire he hopes to put along the lower edge of the gate so dogs cannot run thru and I scooped poop in the barn paddock. I missed yesterday so it was double poop scooping. S watered the garden and pots as it is 26 already with it rising.



lunging to help loosen everything


I sorted the plastics and paper and S loaded them up then we were off to town at 1. Recyclables were taken to depot then a fly bag picked up at UFA with the next stop the bottle depot. This took awhile as we waited in line then had the gal sort our many bags. We ended up with over $134 but do believe she short changed us quite a few. Next time we are going to try the autosort in Langdon. It was then of to Britt's where I watered back yard and S the front plants as well as picking up some $$ for Shaina left there. 


My paint parcel and Shaina's prescription pickup was next followed by a quick check at liquor store to see if baileys on sale with no luck. A loop thru Tim's had us refreshed with an ice cap and the last stop to pick up the merc that was repaired.

I scooted home, unloaded truck then caught Switch for her 3 pm vet appointment. S stopped to drop off cardboard at dump then picked up 15 packs of meat from the neighbor for Harley. Vet Ashley was running behind tome so I groomed her, swept the barn, made a salt/mineral mix etc. S was back and joined me in the shop topping up fluids in the car. Ashley and her tech arrived. Before 4, did a physical and SAA test to find it at 169 which was much better then 1700 when B tested her when first sick. She prescribed another 7 days of sulfa then they were off at 4:15. I let Switch go, filled the salt tub while S grabbed us a beer. It was not long and H’s raw food was delivered.


Back to the garage I put a coat of clear on the vase and opened my paint parcel. S moved the sprinkler to start up the tree watering and we hung the new fly trap and a sticky one too as the flies are crazy. Dogs fed then To cool off from the hot 29 day we came in and S blended up some pina coladas while I thawed shrimp and made a kale salad for supper.

Again we walked the dogs but only for a short walk as S not a fan of the perimeter walk. Back at the house it was horse feeding, sorting and starting Switch's meds. After a soak in the hot tub I watched The Wilds while S watched sports then off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment