Friday, December 3, 2021

Coffee with a friend

Blocks of sleep seem to be my go to, an odd inner clock wakes me at 3:30 most days to look at the time, then today 4:30 with S up at 5:30 to pee then Shaina makes a cappuccino at 6 for her meeting. She let Lexi out and put in kennel and off downstairs. Lexi made a low grumbling noise until I went and got her and into bed with me where she and I both went to sleep until Harley scratched from the garage door at her usual 8:30. I got them both fed and as I was cleaning the dishwasher out Sharon text to see if I was still coming for coffee.


the snuggle bug

I changed quick and was off to town at 9:30 as S woke to go to the bathroom. The roads were snow covered and icy requiring 80km/hr to town and -5 out. A great visit was had over coffee and pound cake with lots of work chat too. I was off after 12 to deliver the green accent table, pick up a clock radio for Dad's room then grabbed some beer and off to the ranch after 1. S had ran to the mail returning with multiple parcels. A couple of which were new stool covers seeing our pleather is peeling after 10 years. It seems a cheap way to keep the structurally function chairs being used.

The ones I like are a bit to tall in the back but the left one shows it tucked into a pocket at top in the back. Or it can be pulled down and crunches around the back edge, hmmm??

As I was catching up a few computer things I looked out to see Cooper barking at 2 coyotes moving across the field, Harley was back up with her hackles up but staying here at the house HAHA. My bread dough was not rising today even after moving it to a warmer spot. I did the second rise and hoped for the best. 

Shaina remembered an appointment in the city while eating her soup at 1:30 that she thought was at 3 but found out it was at 2 so in a flurry she grabbed Lexi and her soup and was off. Britt was up from studying in her room, fed her horses and she and Cooper headed home at 3. S took a break from his relax day and took the horses a bale then put the cats away when back at the shop.


Coreena gave her granddaughter her growth ruler for her 1st birthday and they sent this photo, great location!!


S submitted this pic as "happy horses"

Shaina was back after 4 bringing teas, seems she could not make her appointment so turned around and went to the gym to work out. She had a shower and repacked up and was off to the city before 5:30 with Lexi for a sleepover with Jenna. I put the sourdough in the oven after preheating then added a pizza at the end. S and I ate then took Harley for a dark walk after 6 as she was a bit housebound. It hit zero today but was down to -7 so it was a brisk walk but did us all good.

S was back to relax mode on the couch before moving to TV room for hockey game. I worked on catching up the blog, writing a Hometalk post for the magnolia riser tray  before jumping in the shower then crawling into bed to watch more of season 2 Tiger King. S was very happy his Flames won and Oilers lost when he headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment