Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Christmas shopping covid style

The day started cool at -15 as I was feeding H then on to marketing and list making for the city run. Shaina was off to town for Sharon's workout before 10. We were off to the city before 10:30 having let cats out and left Harley in Shaina's care once she gets back.

The day warmed up reaching melting and making for slushy roads. S dropped me at the mall and was off to meet a service company downtown for lunch. I have not shopped in a mall for years and wearing a mask and following covid protocol was most interesting. After successfully getting a few heavy gifts I tried to have a frozen yogurt for lunch but ended up having to stand at a spot as all tables full after showing all vaccine info. More shopping with S meeting me around 1:30 to drop packages in car then we both looped around the mall separately for a short bit.


Next it was off to home depot to find straight wood with no luck. Costco was up next with a drive thru Tins first where I tried the new caramel latte which was ok but only at the $2 special intro price. Costco was fairly busy but we got a cart full in not very long. I even grabbed a fun grinch tree. We were loaded up and on our way at 4 swinging south to try that Home Depot for wood seeing I have 2 rulers on order. The boards out were cracked but they had a few up high and could get down once the lift driver arrived for his shift. This was a bit of a wait and once he arrived and got the lift down they found it was the wrong one so had to try again. Our wait paid off though as the worker gave me a HUGE discount.


prices went up yet again but the same board in oak was $115!!!!

We were on our way home now having gotten my 10,000 steps in already. Shaina was making the chicken tetrazzini HF meal when we arrived. We got all unloaded while she finished it then we enjoyed it together. Funny thing was this weeks sent the meals not as 4 ppl per bag but rather 2 two ppl bags. The whipping cream required in the recipe was 1/2 cup in small print but instructions said add cream. When she was totally in the calories she found the error of putting in 2 CUPS!! LOL It was good and very much appreciated after our busy day and me only having had 2 cups of coffee, the frozen yogurt and latte during the day so far.


Shaina and her sous chef!!

I washed up pots while she headed off to work and S to the Flames game then I caught up marketing before heading to bed to watch some YouTube and Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment