Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Tried another cleaning service

I was awake early yet again as today is house cleaning day and it seems I am excited ;). The wind was really blowing. I did a few last put aways including moving the dining table top downstairs and Harley's kennel outside. Harley was fed along with kittens and double mash made. Pepper had his last does of meds this am so B is giving his mash tonight. I mixed an iced coffee for my work day.

The cleaning crew was to be here at 9 but I got a call the one gal was lost on north side of Strathmore. I got here rerouted arriving here at 9:30. It seems her partner was a no show so the crew is now 1. She got busy cleaning and I headed out to work. I started with paper bag sanding the coffee table and doing touch ups. I think it is done. Next I moved on to the  little shelf removing the backing. It was scrubbed clean and boo it is from a smoking home. The cleaning lifted the veneer so I glued and clamped.


The dresser edge that was bust off was addressed next. I used my new wood filler and tried to build it up and left to dry overnight.


The dresser drawer bottoms were salved and secured in place after buffing. More garage laundry was started then onto the dresser body. I removed the mirror and started sanding the top down outside. Sadly the top has lots of dings and damage and I don't think it will be a great stain project but it is now smooth. I did the sides and added wood filler to top holes.


indeed originally it was light oak stained


I went in and microwaved some gyoza for lunch with a kombucha. Then back to my sanding. It was now 27 out but the wind made it feel cooler. The mirror portion was hauled out and sanded as well.


The shelf veneer was not flattening so I removed it and added filler, sprayed the holes with clear shellac to seal in the smoke and added more filler to other areas.


The gal finished up and was off by 3 but it seems we were charged till 3:30. I brought the coffee table in and staged some photos. While doing so I took some of the dining table as round. I hauled in H bed and put in clean bedding and cleaned a few things missed so all is clean, yeah!




Then it was time to get caught up on some computer work before making my first good food meal; spicy shrimp poke bowl. Once it was done and time to eat it was really good till the heat kicked in and whew it was hot! Looks like the other dish will be saved for S.


B was out at 7, she mixed up her food, caught Roo and prepped her to ride. I picked dandelions for Switch seeing it was so nice out now the wind had let up. The garden was watered along with the roses (the one in question is doing really well now) and shrubs in island too. More weeds pulled around the garden, man they seem to grow well in a drought. B rode a bit outside but more lunging and moved to the security of the arena. When she was feeding Roo her herbs she saw a couple ponies along the fence line and our new neighbor hoofing along behind. I grabbed a halter and went to cut them off but they had gone past the shop. Our horses were all worked up not sure what the shrunken horses were exactly. Switch was interested so I caught her and led her to the fence where they came to meet. The neighbor who is also named Brittany only had a bucket of oats so I took of Switch's halter and gave to her to catch one and walk one back home.

The other 2 horses were fed, sprayed for bugs and set free. B and C loaded up and headed home now that it was 9. I came into wash up and catch the blog up. Mark the neighbor delivered the halter back to the shop. I continued to watch Blind spot while blogging then moved to bed at 11 to finish the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment