Friday, January 17, 2020

The cold continues ;/

It is -27 upon waking just before 8. This cold snap is ridiculous, the poor horses need a break. Not sure what Lola thought of sleeping outside last night but when she came in for food she was covered in straw from her hut. I did convince her to stay in after she ate and warm up while kicking J back out as working in the garage with him complaining is painful.

I sanded the drawer fronts again as they chipped to much and painted the vanity a second coat of the green.


Moving on to the table I have not really been sure about, I put a coat of black gel stain with a brush and left it to dry.




While I watched the noon news I stenciled up the growth ruler ordered awhile back finally. Then the downside, scrubbing up all the stencils ;(



A lady says she is coming for the black bedframe tomorrow so I went and took the poster posts off and moved to bottom of stairs, fingers crossed it is a true sale.


Lunch was a repeat healthy salad still rocking the berries and avocados stocked in the fridge. Then back out to work on the vanity that was having all kinds of chipping issues. I sanded and repainted and this too chipped so ended up scraping one whole side almost off. I will power sand when the table top is dry.


this chipped up requiring an even more scraped down area



sanding after the chippyness appeared and below scraped


It was a balmy -24 so I headed out to give the horses their pills and feed them some oats each. Of course I have to stand and watch all the bossy ones. I ran back to the barn and got some high fat for poor shunned Bandit who shared with Bird but soon all were done and it was chaos before they headed for the shelter to get out of the breeze.


I put a second coat of gel stain on it and left everything to dry well overnight. The bedframe lady messaged her husband reminded her they have a king size bed not queen so that sale is a bust ;( DANG! My Friday is so up and down.


Wrapping up my projects it was time to watch some more episodes of The Good Place with a smoothie.




No comments:

Post a Comment