Thursday, January 16, 2020

Still cold... brrr

Let me start the day with a cappuccino tip.. always run a gallon of fresh water thru after cleaning with vinegar before making your first cap!!! Ask me how I know this tip :) Eventually I enjoyed my two morning cappuccinos on the start of yet another cold day. -29 when I woke and hovering around that all day.

Marketing then time to sand the drawer fronts and top after Lola went out. She preferred to stay outside for most of the day curled up with her nose in her fur. Now to get a milk paint color decided for the vanity. I went with the new kettle cove green I brought back from the states. While it sat for a bit after mixing up I painted the growth ruler a coat of primer.




Garage and house laundry were also chores of the day. It was a good day to use the dryer in the garage for sure. The vanity was then painted its first coat. The drawers however needed more wood filler in the old pull holes but once dry and remanded they were painted too.


The ruler was painted a coat of crisp white and brought in to dry inside and stencil tomorrow. The table is still being contemplated what to do with the top after the first espresso stain coat dried.


Today I thought I would give the horses a small square bale which they usually love as mostly alfalfa but it seems they are mostly grass like the big bales. I did add a wee handful of high fat feed on each pile but of course in true horse style they all ate at a few piles not getting each one had some. They were not overly crazy about the bale but did eat most of it by days end.


Lola only spent a brief time indoors and while I tried to get her in for the night I sanded the milk paint. Sadly there are bits that have left an oily circled mark. Hope they go away overnight. Mr J was more then willing to come in but once inside he whined as he hates being alone in there and Lola was NOT interested in coming in. I got my daily steps trying to convince her.


An iPad and Netflix always makes folding many loads of clothes much easier. I watched a few Virgin River episodes before moving to the warm bed and starting The Good Place series.

No comments:

Post a Comment