Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Paint project progress

Mornings are pretty predictable here, if S is home it is coffee in bed if he is away it is cappuccinos on the computer marketing. I caught the last 5 minutes of a marketing course I signed up for. Today was marketing with a surprise amazon delivery at 10 am while still in pj’s ;)  Now Pepper and Daisy should not get cinch sores.

Seeing I dressed in 30 seconds I was ready to head out and get busy. The dining table had a darker stain added to the edges and bit in the center and the vanity top got a coat too. Now on to the vanity base. The clamps were removed and a small piece glued on. The second coat of buttermilk went on all the pieces.



A quick stop for a bite for lunch then back and a light cream color added. This layer found the stool chipping allot. And when sanding the drawer fronts, they too chipped more then I wanted.

top is 2 coats buttermilk and bottom the light cream layered over


 All pieces were sanded smooth and distressed then a coat of clear wax rubbed on. However when I got back to the drawer fronts I decided to wash them right off and start again as touch ups chipped more as did the stool. The stool I took outside and sanded smooth.


 back to start for the drawer fronts

It was a nice day again, not really hot for harvest August but I will take it. I took Pepper his pill then filled the shelter mineral/salt tubs while out there and checked my zucchini harvest.

The buttermilk was applied again this time with bonding agent. I also hauled out one of our house stools to tighten which turned into a big ordeal requiring a wood button to be drilled out and paint (no original) touchups.

After my soup supper break I was back out to apply the second butter milk coat on the drawer fronts and stool then got at the dining table base. It was painted a warm white.


I rounded up my day by finishing season 3 of Animal Kingdom, now I have to wait for season 4. Kaylin and Kyle streamed the US series on one of the online programs and say it was goooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment