Tuesday, August 27, 2019

More vanity work and a sweet farnhouse riser complete

I saw the sunrise at 6:45, always a pretty sight. I perused Instagram and watched YouTube videos seeing I have not been on there for ages. I prepped a cappuccino at 7:30 and a pot of coffee for Shaina and Jacob with her 8:30 wakeup call.

the veneer repair

They had some raisin toast, a coffee and were out the door just after 9 for her morning of training and Jacob heading back to the city. I was finishing up marketing with another cappuccino I put chicken bones on to simmer then headed to the garage to get busy. All 3 stained pieces were sanded lightly then the vanity and table got a second coat.

this is ONE coat of the same color stain on 3 different wood varieties

The vanity stool seat top was next prying out a pile of wee nails to get to the actual wood base. Before coming in to finish the soup at noon I took all the paint off the top shelf, wiped all, added new paper and rearranged it all back nicely.


looks like it was Mrs Hemmings from Killam
layers and nails later


I was finishing up the soup when Shaina got back after 12:30. It was yummy of course. Britt got called in to surgery in the night so had a headache and wanted to sleep rather then go to riding lessons in Okotoks. Seeing I had this change of plans and no longer leaving at 3, Shaina coached me in a workout. Man she is good at what she does. She finds every muscle you don't use and makes it work.. with perfect posture.

She was then all loaded up with her eggs and veggies and off to her afternoon of new customer and boot camps at 3:30. I ventured back to the garage to wax the cutting board and screw on the base. Staging was hard for this piece but I did get a few photos.




News and a bologna sandwich then I stepped outside. It was BEAUTIFUL at 24, no wind and so lovely. I picked zucchini and watered the garden and pots while enjoying such a lovely day. When I came back in it was to the garage to do more repairs on the vanity, UGH then put on the first coat of buttermilk milk paint.




Shutting it down at 9:30 I came in to quickly update the blog, have a shower and kick back with some Animal Kingdom in freshly changed linens… oh how I love that feeling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment