Monday, June 11, 2018

WINDY DAY

Overcast day as Britt was off to work and I got back to the grind. I checked and there was 1/10th last night after I dumped for about a half inch which is well needed and grateful for. Marketing including a new customer consult took some of my time. Sanding the repaired edge on the little table led to another ding being fixed as I was cleaning it up. I finished up the teal table blog post and got it posted on sale sites etc.


The horses were happy to have hay delivered in the cool blustery weather. There was a brief mist of rain but it quickly passed. The bread box has an interested customer but once finished. I spray painted the bottom and edges before coming for a late bowl of soup.


Then it was back out to create. I tried the driftwood stain oil on the now clean table top but I am not loving it but will see once dry. I was thinking grey base and driftwood grey top but now it may go to a ebony top.


Moving on to the stained wood shelf I picked up, I scrubbed it and made some cream milk paint and gave it 2 coats and a sand, lovely, very farmhouse! And I am going to document the pattern as I think making more would be easy and a good seller.


Back to the bread box I spray painted the inside white and waver on the paint type to use. Seeing I had more of the milk paint left I painted the table base and edge in two coats.


A gal dropped a fly hood I purchased from her stopping for a quick visit. Of course it was not clean so I ran it thru the washer and hung to dry fast in the wind. Then it was back to work after a bite to eat. B arrived home before 7 to eat too. The bread box was painted a plaster color, the table was sand distressed and the shelf was waxed.


B headed back to the city at 9:30 to hang out with her friend Dave, good thing she drives a jetta in this higher gas price world, that and not paying rent must help :) Sheldon arrived back home at his usual 11 as I was watching a Call the Midwife.

No comments:

Post a Comment