Thursday, June 28, 2018

Baling begins

I was up at 730 after waking when Britt was leaving. It was lovely and sunny but by the time the Prince woke around 9 it was overcast. This is how the whole day went. Outside I pruned my flower pots after watching YouTube last night and watered my garden and flower beds. S turned the sprinkler on the trees seeing rain is coming and the tanks need some room after last w/e. Poor K called, when they came out of their friends house in Vancouver to head to the ferry to go to the island, she found her vehicle had a window smashed and all her bags taken. What is wrong with people? They searched the alley in case stuff was tossed after but no luck. They did tape it up and carry on with their vacation.



I was working a bills before I jetted to town to meet Coreena and Sharon for the belated birthday lunch. S just started to rake the hay as I was leaving. We had a good lunch and catch up and back home a couple hours later.  The sun was out again then vanished by the end of our visit. The raking was complete.




Seeing the rain is forecast it was important to seal the trailer roof again now he found it was gone. Hope that solves the water issue. He hooked up the slip tank trailer and was off to town to fill with fuel while I hauled in my saddle to clean. Apparently it rained near town but here was just overcast and cooler but by the time he was back it was out yet again. Time to fuel up the farm machinery and give a bale a roll and test. I pulled the vacuum out to the horse trailer and vacuumed it all, replaced the now dry mattress up top and started to put the trailer back together.


 The sun was back out full force so we enjoyed a beer on the deck before he went to roll up more bales (day total 8) and I found Switch sore from last night when she either stepped on a stone or landed wrong. Today she was slow moving but I put on her boots and much better so I decided to ride her and get the blood circulating to those feet. I was just letting her out when Britt rolled in after 8:30 working late. She checked her over and decided she needed bute and ran to Sharon's to borrow ours back.




I cooked us supper while she did so and dosed her on her way back. Sheldon was now moving the bales off the field to the house but joined us to eat a very late supper. He and B both showered and she was off to the city after 10 to stay as has a clinic starting at 8 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment