Friday, June 15, 2018

staging a few pieces and a quick heavy rain

It was a nice slow start to the day, no dates or plans today!! Coffee compliments of prince Shelly before I went out to work on the bread box. The gal buying it chose her stencil, the smaller scroll one. I did it in black then added black and ageing wax. Once done I hauled in and snapped pics.





Sheldon loaded the recyclables and trash and made a run to town. He was back at 1 with burgers for lunch and a pretty lipstick plant for our anniversary, thank you!


After we ate and a short rest for prince, he headed out to make round up spray for the weeds as weather network said no rain till 8 pm. I started the custom secretary desk paint process in white. I finished up at 3 and told him I thought the weather network might be wrong as he was mixing another batch. I hand watered the garden quick as thunder began to roll and at 3:30 the clouds unloaded rain in buckets. Prince was happy to be confined to his big brown lazy boy but we are not sure the round up will be any good, bad weather network! I put another coat of white on the desk and found bleed thru, grr so I sprayed with shellac and left to dry.





It rained for 2 hours with 6.5/10ths!! S moved from the chair to his bed to watch the news but did come out for supper and to his comfy chair ;) He claims to have a sinus infection. B worked late not getting home till 8. I made her fresh French toast before she showered to head back to the city. S crawled back into bed to relax. I snapped a few pics of the finished canisters too. They are hard to photograph.



I worked on the accent table blog post then went out at 9 to hay all the horses and get Lola in. B went out and herbed the 2 girls before she was off to the city for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment