Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Cattle Penning clinic

Go back and check the photos I forgot of the island inspectors... ;)

The rain continued to come down thru the night till well after 3:30 but had stopped by the time Britt was off to work. I checked and saw 3" but the one beside it said 2", wait.. Sheldon watered in the island and I bet never emptied, sure enough the shop one said just a hair under 1", we will take that!!

Kaylin was up and getting ready for work heading off just before 10 after her refreshing long weekend in Montreal. I worked on marketing and dreaded accounting. It is actually not bad when all receipts are here but that is not always a reality. A misty rain came around noon but did not last long.

The wind and grey skies were not encouraging but at 3 I did head out to load my saddle and some blankets and such in the trailer. Shaina pulled in as I was doing so. I filled hay bags and put them in their respective stalls. Next was to catch the horses so I got out the quad and some halters and headed out. Not long later I had Bird and Switch caught and managed to drive the quad and lead them back to load up. I had snacks and drinks packed up and at 3:35 I was pulling out of the yard in the hurricane winds. My first stop was Costco with a pile of returns as well as grabbing chicken strip and fires for a quick bite to eat.

Being a keener I was the first to arrive at the arena @ 5:15. Jac was not far behind me. I tacked both horses up, went in paid our fees and warmed up the horses. Britt got off a bit early and made it by 6 to start the lesson. The other girls were late so we had the first hour + just the 3 of us. What a fun sport it is.






We finished up after 8:30 and were untacked, cooled down and loaded up and set off for home at 9. It took an hour to get home passing thru bits of rain as we went. Kaylin was at home when we came in from unloading and Shaina was home a bit later having gone for Chinese food after her boot camp lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment