Saturday, September 2, 2017

another 33 day .. in September

Yep Saturday morning and I am fully awake at 7 after saying goodbye to B just a bit earlier.. UGH. Coffee was limited as I ran out of creamer too and Kaylin thinks my coffee is water.. she like double espresso though ;) I took her a cup of water around 9:30 and then made her a fresh strong pot to take on the road.


I dark waxed then clear waxed the lazy susan and was working on the other antique dresser when she was off to work after 10. I started to sand but looked like stripper was needed. Two coats to be exact and it was more like stain on the second coat try but it was all good. Now to sand, sand the top (which is thin veneer yet again) and all the drawer fronts. Repairs were done as well.


 


Shaina was up at noon as I was updating my FB post. She even fit in a workout on her relaxing day off. I tried sanding the crackle tray but no luck, this stuff is stuck on good. I did hand sand and then add lots of black and dark wax to age it. I had posted it on my page this am and it got a hands down no like, I hope this helps the appeal.


Shaina, Lola, Lexi and I headed out in the 30 degrees heat and walked the entire perimeter. It was HOT and soooo dry, the pups were sure thirsty when we got back. It seems it actually is now 33!!Shaina changed and  was off to the city for the evening around 4. I started setting up the new computer and although it should be plug and play it ate up a few more hours on tech support of useless HP and finally helpful Coscto concierge. Then it was drudgery of setting up, luckily Netflix kept me company. Smoke was starting to roll in pretty thick from the BC fires.

Britt was home at the usual 7 and hit the shower and was out the door before 9 for a party. I continued to work on setting up the computer and finished season 3 of How to Get Away with Murder. A huge wind storm blew in at 10 and lasted for a couple of hours. While waiting for Lola to come in out of it I brad nailed all the drawers on the antique dresser. Finally I had to trudge out and get her. Kaylin is staying in the city after her shift today at a co workers to hang out but also because she has a 4 am shift start!! Yes they have some big thing happening and it requires this start time. Shaina is staying at Jenna's too.

No comments:

Post a Comment