Saturday, December 10, 2016

Kuhn Christmas

I was up at 2 thinking I heard a dog then again at 2:20 but not so I gave Diego water and both a pat and back to bed. I was up again at 7 and out feeding and giving ice cubes (one of his favorite treats) and he ate everything and was pretty perky. I think he was hoping the girls would be out for another spa session ;) Sheldon did make coffee and join us to hang out and read his emails and such.

By 9:30 it was time to roust the girls as today is Tigers box Christmas with the Kuhn's in the Hat. I was making toad in the holes and a fresh pot of coffee when Brad arrived with Tim's for all, thanks!! By 11 they were all loaded up and off to the Hat. I stayed home at pet care lady.. AKA crazy dog lady with 4 dogs and 2 cats!



Now the car was out of the garage there was loads of room to work but first job was working on the faux tin tiles. 







so I gave him a treat while Lola was out, this large dentabone was gone in less than 3 minutes flat!


I did take a break to go out to give Switch dandelion pills and chip snow balls off horses feet as the snow began to come down. Big D came out with me for part of it. If only I had a fire going.. maybe later.


this is Switch's sarcoma update pic


The tiles were all painted when Shandi and her 2 kids arrived around 4:30, they were Diego's former family. They stayed for a couple hours visiting with him, and the other dogs and the cats. Shandi really enjoyed seeing him and had lots of stories we shared back and forth. D was happy for all the love, scratches and kisses too.




After they headed out I put metallics on the tiles and left to dry while I finally fit in a bowl of soup.




Dale and Vance are on their way to spend the night. Lola spent lots of time outside alone now supervising her bone but I would force her back into heat after half hour at longest. She even tested out her den under the deck, good thing I had the bleeds leg wrapped as she was a bit of a dust bunny. D had about 5 or 6 ventures out, a bit wobbly but all on his own. He would sit up now and then to see what I was painting and preferred to get up and drink and eat both breakfast and supper standing. He is stoked to finally get Lola's soft mix version. I think it is part of the extreme farts he is having ;/ He liked standing for his full body brush downs too, had a few of them today ;)



tired of paparazzi pics I was sending to update family thru the day ;)

The cats who are still living in the garage are happy to visit D when Lola  is out. THANK YOU to Britt for cleaning their litter box before they left as well as Lexi's presents left around the truck. Mitzy is even wanting to be pet, rubbing under one of my tiles I was working on.



 they like to sleep in my planters


Candace sent pictures of the Kuhn Christmas in the hockey box for the Tiger's teddy bear toss game. Looks like they are all having fun.






I sat with the dogs till 9 then came in to have a shower. D was getting a bit agitated but I got him all comfy and relaxed before I went in.


Dale and Vance arrived at 9:30 and we enjoyed a nice visit for a few hours before we all headed to bed double checking on the dogs a few times too. Lexi of course was my snuggle buddy for the night after her busy play day at the ranch.


 she is not a fan of her cone but only wears at night now, will take off for pic, buddies ready for bed



No comments:

Post a Comment