Tuesday, October 14, 2014

happy thanksgiving & brand "switched"

holiday Monday, Shaina was up cooking eggs, loading wood and heading to work. I put on the turkey bones for soup! then got busy cleaning house. Britt too got in the groove and gave her bathroom a good cleaning washing rugs and shower curtain. Sheldon eventually headed out and picked rocks off the pasture and newly turned part too.
Eventually Britt went out for a ride in the sunshine. I staged the scone coffee table leaving finishing accents to the buyer. I painted another coat on the frame and waxed it

great way to exercise all the horses at the same time.. pied piper style!
We enjoyed a yummy turkey soup supper then Sheldon and I went over to Goslings for a couple drinks and visit before returning home to watch 22 Jump Street. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Tuesday Sheldon was off to fly north early. Britt was back to school after her break and I was putting polycrylic on the rustic frame. It wasn't long before I had to catch Switch and a travel mate; Pepper volunteered ;-) We were off to Jacqueline's to get Switch freeze brand. The vet chose her to go first which seemed like a good idea until the first brand. Minutes before they were talking about brands being done wrong and I said yes, hard as there is no recourse. Sure enough even after checking the numbers were correct 3 times, the vet put her order and year number brand upside down!  If you cant make something good out of it we will both cry said the vet! So now she is the down under switched horse for ever ;-)



I stayed to help all the other 4 get done, Jac kindly gave me some petro to get me home and after loading my freshly branded pony with her travel mate (who was not so patient) we headed home. Back at the ranch I got busy painting a frame, adding another poly layer and removing hardware and scrubbing a new dresser project. It was then time to catch up on 3 episodes of Nashville's new season 3. Britt arrived home from work late as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment