Monday, October 27, 2014

down time.. whew

After the busy rush to get prepared for open house I have my first down time day. Unfortunately I woke up at 3 am and could not sleep till around 5:30 so the day felt sluggish. I tried a shower and coffee but it still was lazy. In my early dark awakeness I did however send offers to everyone who attended the open house to receive $$ off, either $5, 10 or 20 at certain price points on remaining items.
Britt was off to school while Sheldon relaxed on his last day off too especially since it was windy and cool around 2 only getting to about 8 as the days high. I had one of my w/e customers come pick up her large items, thanks Shel for loading her up! and she bought even more! I then moved the rest of goodies down to Kaylin's room which I shall now call my "store". I also built a fire and even though sunny outside it became warm now inside (still not allowed to turn on furnace ;-( but I can tomorrow!)



 I staged the table to show round and chairs at it
The discount offer paid off, I had 3 other clients buy more thing too so it keeps getting better. Sheldon kindly ran one of the items to town dropping with Shaina who will take back to the city for pickup, THANKS you two! Poor Shaina is not feeling well and even after 13 hours sleep feels terrible. I have a certain feeling she did get Tessa's mono while visiting in Texas. While in town he ran a few errands of his own as well as picked me up a super cute old fashioned desk and deposited my hard earned, over worried open house deposit. He also brought us back hot pumpkin teas!! YUMMY! XO
He also brought groceries for me to make lasagna so I made 3. However it seems that they decided to bubble over and instantly added smoke to the smoky from fireplace air requiring all doors to be open and fans. WTH, all my hard work literally going up in smoke! :-) While I was making them Sheldon took out a bale for the ponies making them very happy.
these were pictures I took 5 days ago when he took them a bale- see it was a nice day- but was funny to watch as he tried to "shake" the bale chunk off but finally had to manually do it
After our lasagna feed, I turned up the stove fan and we headed to Carseland to pick up some bidding items, an antique dresser and vanity. Turns out they are so old the casters are wooden, these may be a keeper ;-) Back home we unloaded and returned to smelly house! I updated the blog while the sports master caught up on more games before going to sleep early.
 there is a stool and mirror for the vanity too,  ;)
Britt worked after school and not home till 10 to a dark house as Sheldon sleeping by 9 and me trying to as well lol. She did have to show me pictures from the vet clinic today where they removed a calf's eye.. ick! She finally sent me the sunrise photo she took the other day.. cool B!

No comments:

Post a Comment