Thursday, April 18, 2013

722 - rummage sale finds

Day 722 is the first day of our United Church rummage biannual sale. I have always loved the sale for purging tons with less guilt and occasionally found a few treasures. Today after Sheldon was off to work and Britt was off to school I got ready and headed in about 9:15 to check for any furniture scores. It seems only the less quality furniture was there but man were there people. It was sunny but had bitter cold wind and still they were apparently lined up at 8 am for the 9 am opening. It was wall to wall and lines to pay and get in certain areas but eventually I came out with a few treasures. (mainly Tupperware as I love it)

I also stopped to pick up another online purchase, a cute white epicure handled dish and deposit my furniture sales in the bank!! Of course I could not go to town and not get a chai tea, I even have some roll up wins left to enjoy for free! At 11:30 I headed back home.
 all this for $10, even a few items for my hobby too
few of my favorites, the cute white epicure dish for my recent white ware fetish, a pretty blue glass, silver teaspoons and this horse head book end
After a quick lunch I worked on the dresser polying 2 coats on the top, putting on hardware and painting some areas that ended up visible when drawers push in to far. It is just finishing touches now, what do you think?
After spending some trime trying to find more furniture I found a long dresser near shawnessy. Once Britt got home from school she got changed and ate ready for practice. When Sheldon got home he pulled the hitch out of the truck and we took off for practice stopping in Calgary to pick up this dresser. Practice went well and we were back home at the usual 10 for showers and bed..ok not Britt she was up till midnight watching PVR shows as I was reading.
been meaning to share this sketch Britt did of her trusty mare Nightbird, very nicely done Britt!

No comments:

Post a Comment