Thursday, November 13, 2025

Wicked Winds, Big Tasks, and Wedding Blog Progress

Poor Harley ended up locked in her kennel all night… oops. The upside was a rare sleep-in until 9, since I didn’t hear her doing her usual bed-hopping or popping in to nap beside me. Coffee in hand, I published a blog post, added a second coat of stain to the table tops, swept the garage floor, moved planters, started the garage laundry, and got to work on the wedding part 2 – the professional photos post.

S putzed around and perused his devices before lunch just as the chinook winds picked up in full force. After lunch I finished and published the wedding professional photo post. Now to share it with family and friends who don’t subscribe, as this truly was a momentous event. Which is your favourite? S took the Jeep into the shop to install the part that arrived last night.

        

I think this is mine that oozes swagger with a Las Vegas vibe but do love the one in the desert with the big old world standing tall behind them ... who am I kidding, they are all amazing!


This one is Kaylin's Godmother's favourite 

I sent my recent tutorial in to the paint company, shared it around, and created a Hometalk tutorial for the black ornate dresser. I followed that with one for the black headboard, scheduling it for the 15th. Time to move more pieces, so I photographed the dresser I finished years ago and finally wrote up the ad.


S wrapped up Shaina’s Jeep install (heat is now working) and tested it with a drive to the mail, then came in for a cold beer or four to celebrate the repair finally. I finished the dresser ad and got it posted. S and Craig chatted for nearly an hour at supper time—those two can talk. The wind howled all day, ugly but warm thanks to the chinook. 

For supper I swapped the BBQ steaks for French toast because of the wind, especially since we’d finished the leftover cabbage rolls at lunch. S headed to the TV room for hockey while I watched more Project Bakeover.

B and Cooper were out feeding in the windy darkness, which made finding horses and convincing them to eat a challenge. She was finishing up just as I added another coat of stain to the table tops. I did a little Tai Chi–inspired workout while watching the bakery show, then had my yogurt bowl after delivering S an ice cream bar. It hit 16 degrees today and was still 12 at 9 pm.

S came up before 10, happy that the Flames won and the Oilers lost. I finished Gran Turismo—S rewatched the ending with me—then we started the Being Eddie documentary.


2 comments:

  1. Each photo captures the moment and will great to bring back memories for years to come.

    ReplyDelete