Friday, July 12, 2024

Brown stucco first coat

Har requested out at 3:30 then I was awake at 5:30 for some reason. I was startled to hear her barking after 7 and let her out only to find the stucco guy was here getting to work. Dave dropped Cooper off not long after. I ordered some self closing hinges online fast tracked to have them to arrive tomorrow to finally get this rental place sold.

I worked on the blog while S went to load and deliver six bales to our neighbors to the south at Stout's old place. He returned after delivering the last load around 11. Darren and Sharon were out too. They left just after the stucco crew at 11:30. Tuna buns were our lunch break with the sale of the condo becoming official just after.


first brown coat on


purple poppies are so pretty


Can you see the little albino bee? Hard to get his picture for sure


my piccolo orchid is blooming!!! And another one just waiting to open


This corner shows the old stucco on left and the first solid coat on right


This memory from 1 year ago <3 came up and worth sharing


Shaina and matt flowing the river today

This afternoon's task was to drain the Roundup barrel. I helped with parts of it but didn't feel comfortable handling the poison so was limited in my effort. I spent the rest of the afternoon gardening, watering, plucking, pulling, and chopping. I made fresh dill oil cubes, chopped and froze beet leaves, and chopped a pile of peppers. I also fished out more new potatoes for supper and added fresh dill to them. We had another delicious steak supper.


I made him wear latex gloves which is at least an improvement


S was off after 6 for his second SLiK Services job of the day at Matt’s. I took the dogs for a walk in the lovely 23°C sun. I then had to go back to the gate to drop off a new bell boot I sold for the buyer to pick up. Time to get the floor vacuumed as it has been a while. I stopped to trim Harley’s toenails and get the clippings vacuumed up too. 

S was back after 7:30 grading a bit more gravel in the yard. Britt was out before 8. She asked if I wanted to join her for a ride only to have it the most mosquito crazed evening ride ever. S jumped on the lawnmower seeing it finally was cooler.


it is raining while sunny, always a nice treat but the mozzies!!




Roo is decked out in a full sheet, mask and grazing muzzle



Be damned if saw fly worms are not decimating our trees, ideas anyone?
I sprayed with dawn water and they were grossly wriggling but not sure if dying.


this is Lindy and Cash

Be darned if rain drops did not fall as we rode and mowed. We did not ride as long as usual an once untacked all got their fly sheets put on. Dave arrived with his other mare and filly who were at Moore’s. They were set up in the round pen while B fed Bird. The skies were dark with thunder and lightening but no rain actually came like last time he brought a mare and foal. S perused Amazon in big brown for a GFI outlet and I finished up today's blog in bed. We watched an episode Friends in Low Places now that we have amazon prime membership back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment