Thursday, October 5, 2023

High chair and tray underway

We were having coffee when B dropped Cooper off at 7:30. Last night's omelet inspired S to cook one for breakfast. He added an avocado and toast too. Today I started on the antique high chair. I took it apart and gave a good scrubbing. The washing theme continued. S pressure washed and scrubbed the trailer exterior. 




I started a tray as my cancer charity fundraiser project. It was stained a natural color with the center painted warm white. The paint company's fundraiser rice paper will be put in the center.




S was off at 2 for shinny dropping stinky trash on the way. I was back at sanding. A process that went on for hours today.


The tray had touch ups and a clear coat brushed on the underside. The rice paper was cut to fit. I tried to shine up the upper side of the tray chrome but no luck. Soap and water, baking soda paste, magic eraser - nothing. While pieces dried I did research and spreadsheet updates. Then it was back to sanding. I did 2 grits on all surfaces. The tray had a coat of gator hide (water proof clear coat) on backside. 



above the natural water based stain and below the chair sanding progress at days end

S was home at 5. I made a spicy butter chicken and pasta for supper. News says frost tonight. I went out and hauled in my canna plants and mandevilla pots to the garage. As we were heading out for a hot tub soak the bale gal messaged. Dang it, we totally forgot tonight's delivery plan. Sheldon took a turn reading out loud the Black Bart library book.


our anniversary mandevilla, can I over winter it?


There was a line straight up from the sun and when a plane crossed the horizon it created a cross in the sky. It did not photograph well but was so pretty. Another beauty sky in "big sky Alberta" - Sheldon Kuhn





No comments:

Post a Comment