Monday, August 2, 2021

Prince's birthday & day 4 of stampede

Happy cake day Sheldon!! XOXO It was a night late start again with H going out after 7 and not getting out of bed to feed her till almost 9. S jumped in the shower, answered messages, had some breakfast then off to the 10 am meeting. I worked on marketing after my shower. I am so far behind so got the coffee table listed on a few sites for sale. The salt and pepper were boxed up and a label created. A few sprinkles of rain fell on the window, here's hoping there is more. S was back at 11 with chai teas, he cooked up some hot dogs on the barbeque for his birthday lunch. S hooked the horse trailer up to the truck for our chiro appt later.

naptime for most

B was out no longer after, she caught Bird and was working on her feet when we headed off to the chuckwagons after 1. The day is so much cooler at 25 with an over cast haze. It made sitting in the infield for the chucks very pleasant. We arrived to watch 4-9 finishing up at 2:30.


show rider video

As we were sitting in the car enjoying a cold drink waiting to head back to rodeo the rain started. We had left our quilt to hold our seat and luckily I have a pretty stocked bag that had an umbrella (packed mainly for sun reasons). And I had a wind coat in my car so watching the rodeo in the rain was an OK thing too esp since we need the rain so much. The rain sprinkled for a good while keeping the dust down and air fresh. There were breaks too. 


Bertina Olofson who won Calgary above had a tough time getting her horse to the gate (above after 4 minutes) but finally she did and here is her run


We sat next to a couple whose son Call Marr was riding in saddle bronc, this is the build up of the horse video


and the ride where he has a nasty landing

and this is Sam Kelts ; son of my Dad's friend

and the last guy out who does not stay seated long

Today is presentation day so the rodeo went longer. I had to leave after 5 to get back to the ranch. I left S to finish the rodeo, visit with friends and then attend the volunteer banquet. B was heading out around 5. She and Dave had the horses all caught and as I grabbed $$ they loaded horses. The dogs jumped in and we were off arriving 3 minutes early for our 6 pm appointment. However in traditional style it was over an hour before we got them adjusted. 3/4 were out and he also fixed Harley who was my main reason for getting there.

We were loaded up and passing by the ag grounds at 7:30 swinging into the parking lot to pick up the volunteer/birthday boy. He was lucky enough to win a couple prizes there too. I made another detour to DQ to grab him a birthday cake then we were off to the ranch. S took H in to feed her while I unloaded the horses. Dave let out Roo and watched the 2 other while B ran to mix the food and fed the 2. I let Switch eat a wee bit then set her free and took Harley who thought she could come play with Coop back inside to try and keep her adjustment in line. I then put car in garage, backed in trailer and unloaded the car and got H's food out for tomorrow. This reminded me I had to order more so in to do that.

Birthday boy was perusing all his online wishes and watched Olympics. B, C and D headed for home to eat after feeding and putting Roo's blanket on. They nor I have ate yet and our fridge is bare. Cheezies and an ice tea will suffice while I caught up today's blog and got a few things posted. S did set timer to water a few trees as the rain amount was not measurable. We did have a piece or 2 of the birthday treatza pizza before I crawled into bed to watch Blindspot and S continued on Olympics.

Harley sure wanted some "cake"

No comments:

Post a Comment