Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Busy in the workshop

7:30 is the new wakeup it seems for me after putting H in garage at 6:30. This does allow time to peruse Instagram and play a bit of cookie jam before feeding her and getting on with the day. Iced coffee and marketing did not last long before I went out to hand paint the name on the growth ruler. Then the transfers were added. I think it is done all the details so flipped over and the back was clear coated.



Next up I scrubbed a wood door to convert to tray using a larger part of the magnolia transfer.

Then the recent jewelry box was cleaned up, engraving plate removed, edges sanded and then some repairs after finding one of the hinges loose. This required the lining to come out and the edge lining removed, scraped and vacuumed. Two nails were missing and 2 were loose. I hammered little nails I had on hand with glue in and reglued the hinge lining. The top had the holes filled and all was left to dry while I came in for lunch.


Tuna, kombucha and some puffed wheat with the news lunch break, followed by computer work that ate up a couple hours. I lost a receipt for the jewelry box working on which led to accounting and sorting folders etc. Eventually I just wrote one and added the items to the business spreadsheet and got it all caught up.

The day warmed up with the sun shining down and no wind, the complete opposite of yesterday! I had to go enjoy it for a bit checking rain gauge (1/10th last night) then picking all the apples. The horses got some for a treat and the rest moved inside away from the 50 magpies who make such a mess. I did leave about 10 wrecked ones on the trees for the smaller birds to enjoy.



Then it was back to the garage to clear coat the front side of the ruler. The plastic plugs were drilled out of the door and wood filled added to all holes. Another clear coat brushed on and it was brought in to finish drying without fly specks happening. Brushes and food dishes washed up next on to do list.




For supper I sautéed garden zucchini with meat sauce, yummy. I brought the jewelry box in to paint white and in between coats I clear coated the ruler front and back. At 8 I headed back out in the lovely evening to feed the kitties and was making a poop loop when B, Coop and Dave arrived to feed horses. There was coyotes in the field they said so locked the cats in before they left. I worked on the blog with my iPad watching Love Is Blind which I was watching while painting too. Once in bed I started another new series.




No comments:

Post a Comment