Sunday, August 9, 2020

Somber Sunday



                        

 Shaina took these photos of our Banff trip xoxo




this face says exactly how she felt on this trip xoxo



Sad wake up after a sleepless night for us all. Shaina crawled in between us as we sipped our coffee. I had taken the girls muzzles off and crawled back in too. Eventually we got up, had some toast and headed out to go for a ride after Britt arrived. She brought me a chai and Shaina a coffee, THANKS B! It was a sunny 19 degree day perfect weather to ride and it would distract from all sad thoughts. Roo did very well out in the wide open. Once back S hosed Pepper and set him free then put on some new treads on the door ramps while Britt groomed Roo and fed Bird. Shaina and I trimmed Switch and KD before hosing then B put ice gel on KD's back and they were all put out. 






B picked poop in the small paddock Roo was in then she and Cooper headed home and Shaina got busy with computer work. I whipped us up a big fluffy white special cappuccino to salute our big fluffy white girl.

Needing to keep busy I baked up the butternut squash and made us a very late lunch of hot butternut squash soup around 3. S needing to be busy too had gone out in the ranger to pick more foxtail so I walked him out his mug after putting the chicken/rice in the oven for a 3 hour bake. I headed out to start cleaning tack and S trouble shot the baler bearing issue. After her computer work Shaina joined in. We got so busy I did not remember the chicken so now it had almost a 4 hour bake but it was definitely cooked. 


We all came in to eat after 7 and I threw on the fresh Taber corn S picked up in town the other day. Shaina was back to her program writing and I went out to help S who had the baler out on the lawn again trying to source the reason it was all tightened up. He and I eventually got it released and the sledge roller removed and confirmed the bearings were shot on the one end. During this task, Shaina loaded up and was off to the city to spend the night with K at 8:30.

I watered the garden as S loaded the part in the truck box and put the baler back in the shop. Time for a hot soak in the tub then watch a Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment