Friday, August 28, 2020

Creative Moments hard at work

Another usual early coffee Scrabble start to the day.  I panned the sourdough for the 2nd proof then headed to the computer to do marketing and such before a 10 am webinar. I fit in a quick stage of the little custom table too.




S ventured out to mix up spray and kill weeds. I worked on accounting then till noon when he was in for news and lunch. I was off to the garage to power then hand sand the top of the sideboard. I am perplexed as to that to do the top now to go with the white base: dark brown, natural or white stain?

isn't she the cutest?

He ventured back out to spray more weeds butt dialing me as he went. I was hemp oiling the top letting S decide the color after having wrote a tutorial for the original set of teal S&P. Eventually I took the ranger down to alert him to his butt dialing which turned out to be his rubber boot dialing as his phone fell in his boot. He was just done so I gave him a ride back to the house. It was another hot one out there at 27. We worked on the little drum table. He helped me by drilling a hole in the base and top 1/2" and we cut a dowel to fit. I glued and tapped it in the base then added a bit more glue and wood filler around a leg that loosened. 


just oil can make a huge difference


Next he helped me lay the sideboard up on the table so I could see why the front casters were locked. They were rusted up so we pulled them out and replaced the front casters completely and just new back casters. I took down my paint tent making for allot of work space. 

I had put a roast in for supper after baking the sour dough loaf. Time to get the veggies prepped. We had supper while catching the news then I headed back to the garage trying another new product; a soft wax to deodorize and seal the inside of the sideboard. It hydrated the wood as well as the hemp oil on top.



Britt and the kids stopped quickly at 7:30 to feed and were off in about 20 minutes while S watched from the beautiful night on the deck. I caught Switch and took her in for her herbs while he ran the compost, garden wheelbarrow and poop wagon to the pit to empty. We met back inside at 9. A smoothie while I started a new Netflix series called Million Dollar Beach House.

No comments:

Post a Comment