Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Another 34 degree day

Going to be another hot one. It was 26 after 10 am! Shaina was even up after 10. I made us a couple caps each. She did computer work while watching Sons of Anarchy. I marketed and juggled more interest in the desk. Now if only the first in line would decide. I headed to the garage to work on projects; the drum table needs more gluing.


The dresser was taken outside and sanded. Luckily it was still shady as 32 out. I popped in for lunch and a cool off. Shaina managed to find time to make us some scrambled eggs then she was back in bed, I mean to her office and working on her stuff. I was back out and glued the accent table back together. It is spoken for and the customer is bringing another accent table to paint in the same color.


Britt and Cooper were out in the heat of the day. I went out to hold Pepper who she was hosing as well as 3 others, Switch was not quite so lucky. Apparently she is my horse but I had now taken the quad to close all the gates so we could swap horses to the middle paddock. Water trough was filled and she was off to the barn. I was off to scrape the dresser in the shade where it was still 34.


B headed back to town around 3:30 just after I put a chicken in to roast inviting Shaina in for a visit who went around 4. I did a bit of catch up then was getting a pot of potatoes put on just before 5 when Kaylin and Devon arrived. We headed out and loaded the futon in his Jeep. It took a  bit of finagling but we got it to fit. Inside for a cold drink and visit while I shucked and cooked corn. It was a delicious supper with gravy too. Kaylin had to get back to the city for a sugaring appointment at 7 leaving after 6 as the other 2 girls rolled in to chow down their share. Lexi is staying with me now till the girls get back from their BC adventure planned this w/e.


After an ice cream sandwich dessert the 3 of us went for a ride at 8; it was still 32 out but without the direct overhead sun it was doable and not many bugs which was a bonus. Herbs and a brush once back and they were released. Shaina headed back to town with Britt and Cooper and spent the night with them at 9. I hauled in the dresser and such then crawled into bed with my roomie Lex to watch some Good Girls.





No comments:

Post a Comment