Monday, August 17, 2020

HOLY CRAP hot at 34!!

The sunrise was pink and pretty around 6:30 but luckily I managed to fall back asleep. When I awoke after 8 it was clouded over and gloomy but when I went to take off muzzles it was warm 20 degrees. I worked on marketing, Instagram and posts with my morning caps. The sun started to burn thru after 10:30. 

I scarfed down a tuna sandwich before 12 then headed out to catch Switch, Bird and Roo to take to Moore's. Dr Jordan does chiro (and acupuncture on Bird) on Britt's horses as a favor and it seems I am the chauffeur for said horses. I had everyone loaded and on the road texting Britt as I left the yard. She replied your early.. I thought appointment was 1 but it seems 1:30. I was meeting the S&P gal there at 1 so continued on my journey pulling in to Moore's at exactly 1 pm. My customer had just arrived, got her bag and on her way. 


B tossed me her keys and after parking the girls with their heads in the shade and opening the back door for circulation I drove quick to Costco for a bag of returns. Of course it was NOT fast but I was back in time for their 1:30 appointment. B and another tech had the 3 in the room ready for their adjustments. All 3 were done and loaded back in the trailer by 3. I stopped for an iced coffee and fries for the drive home and was back at the ranch at 4. The temperature has hit 34 degrees!!!





I put the girls in their paddocks then watered my front flower bed and pots before coming into the blissful A/C. I spent the next couple hours fielding sales inquires. One for the vanity does not want mirror or stool then once a time was set to come see had her husband say Strathmore is very far from Calgary ;/. A dining table client wanted me to refinish the top again and not take the chairs. Another lady wants her table done the same way but it is the dark green chairs and base and her budget is most likely no where near the time needed to make it white ;(

I wrote the green grinder tutorial and shared to all appropriate places and brands. Britt was out before 7:30 bringing a frosty iced coffee THANK YOU, we just fed Bird and Switch and released. Tonight the horses are muzzle free seeing the grass is frying in this heat. She came in for a short visit in the A/C then was off for home. I was watching Good Girls after my shower when Shaina arrived after 10 to stay the night. She hopped into the big comfy bed. There was a bit of lightening but no rain to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment