Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Houdini Pepper & snow continue

Snow covered the ground after allot melted by the end of yesterday. It showed foot prints around the yard, sure enough Pepper had pushed thru both wires across the yard fence!! They were now hunkered back on the west side of the pasture seeing the wind and snow was picking up. All morning the wind blew with bouts of crazy snow, yuck! I wrote a tutorial for the weathered growth ruler with a tea seeing we are out of milk.

Then it was time to head to town at 10:30 for my chiropractic appointment. I was in and out in short order, pretty good income for a chiropractor it seems. Next stop was to Sobey's to get some milk for cappuccinos! A quick stop for the mail then to Sharon's to let out Chanel and Whitney's puppy; Macy. Such little cuties.




Back at the ranch before noon to catch news and a bowl of soup with a side of two capuccinos. My back has me very unproductive on the paint side of things but does allow me to catch up on the computer side. Sorting photos, posts and other work including getting my stencil winner all set up and choosing one I want to do in my bedroom. Which would you choose?


Britt, Dave and Cooper popped out mid afternoon. We measured him up for new driving silks then we all went out to fix the gate issue. We decided to try adding a lower wire fence in stead of the bungy type rope I had up. We got it all in place and stapled up. The snow was starting to come down heavy again with less wind.


They were then off to town after 3:30 to carry on with basement arranging and washer repair. After supper B sent this photo of her washer trap that was PLUGGED and smelt "horrendous". Seems the problem is solved.


Around 4:30 as I was catching some Ellen I saw the horses race to the gate and watched as Pepper stepped between the two wires pushing his head thru at the same time and the top slid along his back and into the yard he pranced!! WTH. I donned my covies again and trudged back out. I jumped on the quad and chased them to the paddock and locked them in. Seems all are punished because Pep can't stay out of the yard. And the dang cold weather requires mitts I forgot to grab.


look at his head and how he gets thru



Back at the house I got the ranger out of the shop; it has hay in the back (I did head up to carry a bale down and my chiropractors words reminded me NO!). I drove it out thru the south paddocks, opened the far paddock gate that was shut, unhooked the electric fencer then unloaded hay at the shelter for them then put it away. THANK YOU Sheldon for having it all loaded up, not sure what I will do tomorrow but for today they have some food. Lola even came in for the night, well to have a nap and eat but I made it the night.


Inside it was left overs, 2 more cappuccinos then a helpful call on Kaylin's behalf to Bell to get her bill cut in half almost. I had a call from Shaina before supper ads she and Jacob were waiting for their plane to start their journey down under. Travel safe my pretty!!

Speaking of trips, S booked a convertible on Sunday and I just confirmed our accommodations for the Palm Springs area booked thru AirBNB.

I tried to finish the season of Handmaids Tale but took a break to measure weigh and get shipping quote for the rocking horse and had an Etsy sale that was shortly cancelled after arriving. I shut off my ipad at midnight half an hour away from the season end.

No comments:

Post a Comment