Friday, June 7, 2019

Cold weather moves in

Sadly the rain had stopped when I was up at 8 but I am thankful for what we did get. After my usual 2 cappuccinos and marketing and Friday tidy I got busy in the garage starting to paint the warm white on the nightstands. Lola was in no hurry to go out today. It is a windy overcast blustery day out there hitting a high of 9. Amanda had text it had not stopped raining in town since last night.. WHAT!



It of course started to sprinkle here when I headed out at noon thirty to feed the horses. I did 4 closest then back to garage for supplement for Bird. Once out there she was still shivering so I hiked to the barn for her flysheet hoping it gives her a bit of warmth.


The valet and breadbox customer arrived at 1 to pick up her wares. She has an project she is inheriting and chatted about before she was off.



I put on some hamburger to thaw then back out to spend 2 hours painting the bed frame. Brushes needed scrubbing before the next coat then inside to make the hamburger soup. I headed back out to feed far paddock and give Bird her other supplement of the day at 5:30 when the rain was back again. It says 4/10 so far in last 24 hrs, yeah! I gave Bird and Switch some food too in their shelter but before finding it they and the B&W pen ran around bucking and kicking in the blustery wind. Again the rain had let up.


Back inside to enjoy a bowl of the yummy soup and a decaf cappuccino. Time to write a couple new Hometalk posts in order to get back in the feature que. Now what does a girl do when she is all out of calories for the day and it is a cold ugly day and only almost 8 pm? Yes a soak in a hot Epsom salt tub for her aching muscles of course while watching a Netflix movie. ;)


The sun even poked out a bit around 8 too. Some of the horses were frisky and bucking around which is always entertaining to watch. I cratered and had an apple with a side of zero calorie green tea then got back to my movie in bed.


found I had this photo on the big camera from when S watered the new trees via skid steer Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment