Thursday, January 18, 2018

What A Day

So even though I fell asleep around 11, Lola was barking at 2 then again at 3 so decided something must be up. I let her out and between her patrol and my headache that will not go away I was awake till after 7 waking after 9:30. Headaches remains.. ugh!

After getting ready and having a chai latter I fed Lola and was off to the city by 11. Today is the last day to do Xmas gift returns on the card vs a gift card, I would like to pick up a computer S sourced and have some Costco gifts to return and list to get and need to exchange the warped boards. First stop was Costco and it looked good with parking and check out tills not packed! However as I was unloading stuff from cart to car I misplaced my credit card. Back inside to check till, returns and the main desk and looking thru the car.. no luck. So I made a call to put a block on it and headed to do my returns at Home Sense. At the front of the line guess what, my visa was back home in my beach bag!! So even though I made it on the last return day they could only put on another credit card - which I just misplaced or a gift card!! Dang.


So I now have no card to buy the computer but went over to see what was the best deal. I got good intel for choosing just a new tower and using our old monitor and moved on to Home Depot to exchange the boards. This took longer as finding straight ones is a task. The sales guy showed me other types; maple is almost $50 for same board as the $6 pine and a rustic plank at $12 but would be hard to hand paint on.

I grabbed a salad and lemonade for the ride to Strathmore but driving I just drank the drink. I arrived in Strathmore about half an hour before my 3:15 massage so grabbed some travel bottles at the $ store quick. My massage was great and well needed. She did tell me she had $25 massages in Mexico just down from where we stayed. Well now, looks like I just paid for over 3 of them down there for her ;)

Mail pickup was next before unloading the car at home at 5. I checked the car again for the card but crazy enough as I was coming in from garage later I saw it on the floor fallen from the probiotic box! HAHA now for the 3 call to the credit card company to take block off, not send a new card and reinstate.

Finally at 5:30 I was able to eat my first meal of the day, the salad. It was delicious for the most part but occasionally I had a yucky sour taste. At the bottom I found these moldy cheese pieces.. YUCK. However I found out it was not "moldy moldy" but actually blue cheese. Mom, this salad you would like ;)



Time to get the 2 rulers started, white milk paint all sides. Catching up on emails and such while they dried then back out to sand. One I waxed clear and the other I matte polyed it. Time to crawl into bed with my iPad and Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment