Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy 2018!!

Another bright sunny day but cold still, -29 upon waking. I was awake before 8 excited to check in for the trip. I could not get the iPad to work so went to desk top and got us all in a seat. I also found I won $100 worth of milk paint products in a draw but seeing I am a paint rep I paid it forward and offered to have them redraw another winner!

I did crawl back in the warm bed for my first coffee of 2018 now that the prince was awake. B was not to far behind joining in on a cup. Last minute packing for all filled the morning as well as a few Spanish lessons for B & I and I downloaded some Netflix for the 5 and a half hour flight.

Britt trudged out in -20 to fill other shelters with salt, see her horses and do some adjustments on Bird. S started the skid steer and left to warm for awhile and after a quick bite to eat rolled out 2 bales. Once back it was big comfy chair time, a wee nap followed by a shower and back to chair.

Britt kindly curled my hair and worked on her Spanish lessons (Duolingo app). I updated the blog, put out snacks and vacuumed before guests arrived and the trip commences. We are all off to a hotel at the airport tonight then headed to sunshine early in the morning.

As we waited the guests arrival we found there was a miscommunication somewhere in the lines and the rest of the families were already in at the airport hotel. We quickly put away food, turned off things for the week, tossed in our bags and were off. The plan changed with the girls arrival too enroute so we ended up going across the city to pick them up from their house and all go eat Vietnamese before heading to join the rest at the hotel.


Once checked in, K&S had a nap while us 3 went to join the gang in Grama & Papa's hotel room. We received a fun bag with a t-shirt and Corona with umbrella and sand. How fun!! Shaina did make it for a quick visit before we all headed back to our room after 10 to get ready for the big venture ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment