Wednesday, January 31, 2018

transfer success

The snow started to lightly fall after I got up. Thanks to Kaylin for the 9 am reminder that today is Bell's Let's Talk day; each text gives .05 to mental health research. I think this is a very worthy cause so get texting and remember to turn off your iMessage for texts to count. She also sent a photo of her recieving her 5 year service award at the conference this week!! YAYY, you worked hard for that XOXO She was surprised when her name was called as it slipped her mind but the conference seems to be full of adventures, information and sparkle (follow her on IG and Snapchat for all the great pics)


I finally got the approval to be a Dixie Belle Ambassador.. so exciting. I had to fill out a form and pick my products for the first shipment. Stay tuned for more Dixie Belle projects. Seeing it was a snow day I through on some corn chowder in the crock pot. Yep I chose to return the pressure cooker I had been considering seeing I have a slow cooker and should use it more before adding another "gadget" to my surplus.

Now to get to work, the coffee table top was too shiny, yep I put on semi gloss poly..duh. So to tone it down I added clear wax and then more dark wax. The base had black wax added too.

Another project in my mind was using my latest products sent from Iron Orchid. I had washed up a frame a few days ago coming up with a paint plan. I chose creating a faux mercury glass to put it on and by luck of my stock found the perfect size piece of glass in another frame. I did it up with faux mercury and painted the frame dark grey and white. Then when all was dry I transferred the transfer to the front of the glass.





Time to try my soup.. yowza I added too much pepper (could be the pepper flakes not listed that I added too). I ate my bowl but think Sheldon will have lots when he gets home ;)

I worked on the frame adding white wax, painted the inner frame, rubbed on silver and hand painted another silver paint where the old gold line was.

No comments:

Post a Comment