Saturday, July 22, 2017

movie night

I got started on the 2 new pieces delivered yesterday. It was a beauty hot day so I hauled them outside to sand down well then bring in to wipe down well. They are MDF so my usual hosing is NOT a good idea. Then it was time to put the first coat of primer on.


Next on my to do list was trim feet. I caught Hawk and did him in the barn but it was stifling hot at 27 outside even with doors open. I did Pepper in the shade outside the shop which was allot better. I had just let him go and was heading in to make a frosty drink at 2:30 when a car pulled up. Odd as how did they get thru the gate? Turns out one of my school friends, Kim, who was coming to meet at my place tomorrow when Jean comes for her dresser arrived a day early. Well since you drove from Cochrane lets have a cold beer on the deck even though I smell like horse and feet and covered in hair ;) We enjoyed a 2 hour catch up before she set off home and plans to return tomorrow.

A bit of marketing was next in line then cook up a supper for Britt and I and Kaylin who will eat when she gets home. Britt was off to the shower soon after eating then prepped for her evening out. I hit the shower,  put a 2nd coat of primer on the pieces then headed out in the golden sunshine to weed and water.. retrieve a chair from the mez to paint to match desk... all in my housecoat.. benefit of living in the country ;)


Kaylin was home around 9:30, the 3 of us crawled into my bed and watched Keeping Up with the Joneses before Britt was off to the river for a campfire. She did not get home till 2 but Shaina strolled in about half an hour before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment