Monday, June 12, 2017

riding day

So when I awoke at 8 there was a misty fog over the ranch but it soon burned off. I did a bit inside before jumping on the mower at 10 and spent 3 hours mowing. And of course the wind picked up making my sun hat a constant battle ;( I did text Annie Oakley to come shoot the rising number of gophers, she claims she eliminated 15! Then she was back to her lazy day off in her room.


Once done though, the yard looked awesome. You have to love the look of fresh cut grass right? Shaina was out at 3, her and I (with Hawk) went out for a lovely ride in the sun with a strong wind, no bugs though. She had a bowl of yummy soup while I started to water the arena for my 5 o'clock lesson and she was off to her shift at the golf course for 5.


I caught and even lunged Switch quick before Anna arrived. Our lesson was quite the workout, more so for Switch but me too. To end it after Anna was off at 6:30, I took Switch out in the pasture to ride alone and cool down. The wind had let up a bit and the 23 sunshine was lovely. I was hosing her when Britt unhooked the horse trailer herself after her nap and was off to swap out truck for the boat at the airport and head to Sherwood Park. She has her first official vet conference tomorrow in Edmonton.


view of the original hay pasture and the yard


Lola always off course tracking something


view of my mowing and the new fence 



I got started on putting photos into the albums. I have a new plan going forward and after I sort and such the 1000+ I just ordered.. I will aim for the best 300/year. Sheldon was home just before 11. I love how it is still light out after 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment