Thursday, April 6, 2017

wind ... boo

Britt was up an ready to go before 9, I made coffee for us, she took hers on the road meeting Shaina for brunch before heading to school. Not many days left for her. Sheldon grabbed his coffee on a later shift.

Sheldon continued the harrowing of the paddocks as they are forecasting rain Saturday, which we really need so bring it on. I dark waxed the vanity and have to say I just love how it is looking.




A soup lunch break and short rest for the Prince had him heading to the shop. He has a mouse trap plan in mind so got on creating it.


I started new projects,

1- scrubbing up the antique coat rack, sanding it and filling gouges when dry.



2- the mirror got wiped up, I plan to do it similar to the vanity as an upsale idea.

3-the vanity needs a stool so I found one in my stash that needs some love. I drilled out all the old broke off dowels on the flat pieces but needed the vice in the shop for the narrow ones. Prince was kind enough to help me get them cleaned out then it was back to the house to sand and scrub them up too.


4- I lined the top drawer of the vanity with cute contact paper and put the lion head handles back on. It just needs to dry now.

Britt sent this picture of her chore today intubating a horse


I took a cold beverage out to the shop worker who had moved on to finally starting the outside man door light install. It was a gloomy overcast and windy day but warm at 17 but the wind really picked up after lunch and only a brief glimpse of sun in late afternoon was to be had. The wind blew well into the evening.



 the inside handles were put on and the track rollers outside


After supper Sheldon helped me carry in the vanity to dry inside away from my sanding and such. He pitched supper to the ponies then was off to the TV room to watch hockey. I headed out to stain the coat rack. I will give another coat tomorrow but think it needs a burst of color as the oak is so.. blah. Organizing my photos followed up by more Downtown Abbey rounded out my night.



No comments:

Post a Comment