Tuesday, January 17, 2017

driftwood goes green, snow goes brown

The wind continued thru the night as did the plus 5 temps so needless to say there is melting snow everywhere. I do not like the exposed dirt/poop look at all.

So.. the dresser.. the dark woods still look lovely as both cool tones but the red even stained over drawers are still not calling me. So... all my hard waxed work got wiped off with mineral spirits ;( As it dried I buffed up the scrubbed hardware and put it back on, I think original hardware looks great with the new color scheme.


I chose Lexington green to redo the dresser body. However since it has been waxed the milk paint will resist so mineral spirits need to wash it off, UGH. Once done and left to dry, I made up the milk paint to sit for a bit and then gave all the drawers another coat of tung oil.




here it is mixed up and then between the two color drawers 


Green paint goes on successfully and once dry sanded and waxed one more time

I started a table project, supposedly it was a teak table but once I hauled it all out I see it is veneer, maybe teak but not as planned. Seeing it was PLUS 7, I hauled it outside to start the sanding process. This table was used for crafts and had glitter, markers, tape stuck all over and more but eventually I got it all scraped and sanded off then the whole table set got a major scrub down and left to dry.




Time to cook something with the burger I took out last night. No leftovers to get me thru this week ;( Then I was back out trying all the drawers. As usual, most of the drawer stops were missing so after watching YouTube I got a great tip on how to make a wood stop at end of the slide so I hand cut some pieces and brad nailed them in ... success.


dresser at days end

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. I like the green but not the combo, sorry. I love the dresser. Reminds me of one Grandma Ball had in the bedroom at the farm only it was taller. Had another drawer and then another row of little drawers for watches, jewellery, etc. but that interesting design on front. Had a thought it might work in Amanda's room to downsize from what's in there but not with purple ;-( Another will come along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone has their opinions, yes there is always another in the works.. I hope ;)

      Delete
    2. and I hope someone likes the combo and buys ;)

      Delete