Monday, January 16, 2017

back to the grind

Grama and Papa were up and off to the airport early with fresh coffee set by Sheldon and muffins from Britt, enjoy your trip! Our morning started later with the same then Sheldon rolled out a bale for the ponies while I oiled my drawers and waxed the body.


waxed on left and dry milk paint on right


He then showered up, packed up and was off to the city for a meeting by 11:30 then heading to the airport later to make his way up north for a week. I reposted some ads while Britt putzed around enjoying another day off school. She too will got back around supper today.

Back out to the garage, I wiped the oil and it looks like it will still need more, pretty thirsty old wood. The wax got buffed and all left to dry again while I started the blog post for it.

Britt was loaded up and headed north too around supper time leaving me to head back to the garage and spend a few hours finagling a darn drawer placement.It did not slide in square so the back I had brad nailed on got removed and drawer slides and sanding and hammering and running out to the shop (WHAT it is now PLUS 6 with melting drips in the dark! and windy) to cut some wood pieces. Finally I got it sorted the best I can. I am almost done with this dresser. The pretty wood colors do not go with the base color so I actually got out my dark java stain and stained the top 2 drawers and top. It helped a bit but will see when all dry tomorrow.


By now it is 9 and I needed a shower but wait, the other 3 drawers need more oil so in my freshly dawned pj's I went back out to apply. I am hoping this may be the last coat but now the stained ones will need some too ;) The chinook winds lulled me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment