Wednesday, September 14, 2016

duck egg and cut fence line

Sheldon took today off, he is off on a man date  to shoot guns ;) First coffee in bed though! Before he was off at 9:30 he moved the bales over by the shop to the field then jetted off to meet the guys and head to Silver Willow Sporting Club

My days project was the little wash stand/dresser now that it was all sanded and clean. Out of all my new paint colors arriving, I chose duck egg for this one as why fight the past, embrace the blues and if it indeed was a wash stand, water colors work perfect.






Old pieces have loads of character dings and marks and this was no difference, to incorporate and embrace them I did the top in a few color wash after trying on the top drawer fronts.


The FedEx man dropped off another box of paint colors, wahoo!!


The day was an amazing 24 so I decided I better get out of my garage for a bit. Pick weeds and water plants and pulled spent ones is always better in the sunshine. I hope it stays for a month or more!

I clear waxed the base and poly'd the top twice and was detailing with dark wax when Sheldon pulled in at 6 right behind the bale picker. He brought Chinese food for supper, yeah! After our feast I had him cut 2 pieces of wood for me while I poly'd the high chair. I got to use my brad nailer to install said wood pieces for the missing drawer stops. I added new knobs to the bottom 2 drawers and reused cute antique ones for the top two drawers off the hutch I just did. I am not sure about the water colored top now so added more dark wax and will see what I think tomorrow.




The baler picker returned around 7:30 and after watching for a bit Sheldon headed out to help the stand still truck. Over an hour later he was back to the house successfully helping the old fellow get his bed chains back on. In the mean time a repeat customer and her Mom arrived to pick up Queen Anne coffee table.


I was just getting ready to shut it down when I heard horses thundering up to the house. I looked out to find Pepper and others around the gate area so headed out in my nightie. Sure enough, him, Bird and Switch were on the wrong side. I caught them and put in with the fat girls then decided to check the fence line to see where they got out. Everything looked good up to the gate however there was a truck sitting outside on the approach with lights flashing. With the recent horse shooting around the area and across the road I thought I best try and get a license plate if they took off.

A girl jumped out and came to me all excited that she nearly hit some horses on the road and was now waiting for the police and her friend. She also knew of the recent shootings and had horses herself so was super high strung. I said I would head back and check to see where mine had got out. As I turned around the lights caught the barb wire all cut so yep this is where the 3 got out but 2 were still in there. I called sleeping Sheldon to say the fence was cut and that was how horses got out and would come get him with the girls phone as I was still in my nightie and no phone lol The girl offered to stay and watch the other 2 did not come back out the open fence as she waited for police.


At the house Sheldon was in a sleep haze but headed back to the fence while I went out and moved KD and Hawk into the paddock by the house then walked the fence line in my flip flops with a flashlight looking for any other openings. When I made it back to the gate, he finished up the fence saying the girl had left and police did not say much. I was still worried and stewed all night wondering who would have cut the fence. Sheldon of course went right back to sleep like a grumpy bear woke to early in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment