Thursday, September 15, 2016

Calgary day

So after a late night of fretting and worrying about the horses, and even a verbal good bye I get a text at 6 am saying Sheldon was the one who cut the fence.. he did it when he was working on the holes for the new side gate and railing a few weeks back. It just dawned on him on the way out. WHAT!!! are just remembered it was you? there is no crazy fence cutting lunatic? and it took a couple hours to confirm this with him as he did not answer as driving and in meetings after sending his brief confession. I have to say I am very relieved as were my neighbors to hear that it was just his doing. By 8 I was out moving the horses back out, except the 2 fat girls who were most disappointed.

When I fed the dogs, I found this scat right outside the garage door by their dishes.. coyote? too small skunk?? oh no!

What a fabulous weather day, it started out 13 as I was heading to the city to meet Dr Dave for a quick bite adjustment. Closer to go to Pure North in Calgary then run to Hanna even if it is downtown. I took the truck as I decided to buy the IKEA bed for Shaina's room. A giant 3/4 ton truck is a bit trickier to maneuver and park downtown but seeing it was big I just pulled up on the sidewalk at a better angle ;) I was in and out in no time, hardly worth the parking money!

Before my stop at Ikea I thought I would check at a close thrift store since it was only 11, along the way I saw a new one and stopped. WAHOO this was a great one, some cool smalls and as I was getting ready to pay I saw furniture sign so wen to check it and score! 2 antique pieces, and I have the truck so it was meant to be.



Well on a roll I stopped at the 2 older ones and managed to find more smalls at each. And a search thru Home Depot for parts and paint. Now off to Costco for a short list. This however turned into a very long visit as I tried to decide on a new cell phone. The cell gods were against me until finally I chose a rose gold Iphone SE with the last one available at Sunridge Costco only. A quick call to Sheldon at 3 gave him time to grab on way home, thanks buddy. I had 5 things in my cart but the cost was high.. oh wait I had a new computer as one of them ;).

The weather was 24 and full on sun, what an amazing day yet again. Off to IKEA but can you believe they were all sold out of the Hemnes bed, no way!! good thing I got the furniture to make bringing the truck worth it. One last stop on the way home in Langdon to pick up a small table that matches the end table from the past and I finally was back home after 5:30.

The bale picker was getting a load and looked like he had a few more during the day. Sheldon pulled in before 6 not long after me. He helped me as I was unloading all my treasures and we also moved the duck egg dresser in too, whew!




A silver truck blew in just before dark, the driver Miss Kaylin dropping off her "new" headboard she bought ready for private classes in October. She stayed for a quick visit and then was off. It was a very long but successful day in the city, my melted Visa card is proof ;)


1 comment: